balloon problems

I am using balloon tips / TrayTips to update the user of progress on my installation.

My issue is the program starts up - shows my balloon tips as requested but then Windows pops up its own balloon tips for unused icons on desktop etc that take presedence over My tips.

My tips are in an adlib so will pop back up when windows is completed its own balloon spamming however during this time my program looks like it is doing nothing as the balloon tip is not telling what is goiing on.

Is there a way to disable pesky 3rd party balloon tips and allow my programs tips to take presedence over all others..

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Nope... This will disable all balloon tips

Nice try

Any other ideas Autoit gurus....

Is there a way to kill known balloons like desktop icons etc or make my balloons take presedence over others - It seems microsoft can do it as my balloons get killed by their balloons. My balloons are in an adlib so should be spamming the screen therefore it cannot even be the last one to to a tray tip takes presedence...

Hope someone can help

You could use tooltip though, as it has the same features except that its not a baloon:

$x = @DesktopWidth - 300
$y = @DesktopHeight - 100

ToolTip("Some text related to you'r update utility here...",$x,$y,"Updater",2)
Sleep(2000)
UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

You could use tooltip though, as it has the same features except that its not a baloon:

$x = @DesktopWidth - 300
$y = @DesktopHeight - 100

ToolTip("Some text related to you'r update utility here...",$x,$y,"Updater",2)
Sleep(2000)

Thats V.close to what I am looking for - The only issue with this is the positioning of the balloon / Box. I can do the following to guarantee this is in the top left but ideally I would like this in the bottom right.

Is there a way to get the balloon / box to appear in the bottom right regardless of the resolution of the screen.

ToolTip("Preparing for the machine to be imaged for deployment - Please Wait", 0, 0, "Image Preperation", 1, 5)

Sleep(3000)

Thats V.close to what I am looking for - The only issue with this is the positioning of the balloon / Box. I can do the following to guarantee this is in the top left but ideally I would like this in the bottom right.

Is there a way to get the balloon / box to appear in the bottom right regardless of the resolution of the screen.

ToolTip("Preparing for the machine to be imaged for deployment - Please Wait", 0, 0, "Image Preperation", 1, 5)

Sleep(3000)

This another Solution where you can manipulate the tray.

;//Switch [Your Script Icon] Tray Icon to No Blink and Set Tool Tip [Default tray menu items (Script Paused/Exit) will not be shown].

Opt("TrayMenuMode", 1)

;//No Blink the Tray Icon to show that is doing something

TraySetState(8)

;//Set Tool Tip

TraySetToolTip("Put you message here")

You only get the message when you run your mouse pointer over the Icon I use this together with the other ToolTip option.

For positioning you can also do something like the following:

Const $Width = @DesktopWidth / 2 ;Size banner based on monitor size

Const $Height = @DesktopHeight / 2 ;Size banner based on monitor size

Ant..