Inputting information into a table in IE

I'm trying to automate inputting information into a table in an IE page. So far Ive been able to get it to work by using coords and MouseClick, but am looking to make it so that it will work no matter where on the page it is. I've looked through the IE functions, but I cant decide which one will do what Im looking for, or even how I should go about testing it. I believe that I need to declare a variable that will match the table field, but so far that hasnt yielded any results. Am I going about this the wrong way? It seems like a fairly simple problem to me, but I cant seem to nail down what I'm doing wrong. Thank in advance.

A "table" is a special element in HTML bounded by <TABLE></TABLE> tags. I'm guessing that is not what you are taling about if you can input into it with a mouse and keyboard.

To get any help you'll need to understand and share more about the specifics of what you are trying to do.

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble