Version Control Reccomendations

Is there anyone out there that has been working with a large number of AutoIt files (and libraries, many custom-written) that might have some advice on how to organize my work? I've been thinking about keeping them in a subversion repository, which i already use for some other things, but so far it hasn't stuck with my AutoIt scripts.

Can anyone give some advice, or tell me how you keep your scripts organized?

Thanks!

Quasar

I've used 3 types of version control

- increase filenames by one number *.001.au3 e.g

- source control

- subversion

The last one is by far the best I've used this far. The source control got corrupted, therefore I will advise not too use that. The first option is quite laborious, so I'd go for subversion. No troubles this far

In the beginning there was nothing and then even that exploded - anonymous

Alright, Subversion is what i'm going to use for sure. The problem is, right now i have a directory structure like this:

Autoit/
    src/
    bin/

And the bin directory structure mirrors src, only with all of the scripts compiled.

This whole autoit directory is on a shared drive among my office coworkers. The reason there is a bin at all is because we have many users who need to use the scripts but don't have autoit installed (because they arn't developers, just finance people).

I'm thinking about removing the src from the shared drive alltogether, and just storing it in svn. Was just curious what other people were doing..

Thanks again!

I use a common accessible netwerk drive for the compiled scripts, and only use svn for the source code. A compiled version can be made very easy. Old versions can be compiled again using the tags in svn

In the beginning there was nothing and then even that exploded - anonymous

If you use Autoit3Wrapper and add version resources to your scripts then adding the following directives will ensures that a copy of the source and exe is saved for every version of the script you compile.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Before=MKDIR "%scriptdir%\Release"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy "%in%" "%scriptdir%\Release\%scriptfile%.%fileversion%.au3"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy "%out%" "%scriptdir%\Release\%scriptfile%.%fileversion%.exe"
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy "%out%" "%scriptdir%\Release

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook