Traytip not working !? [Solved]

Im trying to make a script that informs the user via traytips.. but they wont display.. so i thought maybe i put in a bad parameter.. then i tried the example in the help file.. and that doesnt display a traytip either.. can any one tell me what might be wrong ? im using windows xp service pack 3.. and the guy i got the computer from have made some changes in tweakUI.. im thinking maybe that is the cause of the problem.. but i dont know the program and dont wanna mess around with it. so if anyone knows if there's a setting in it that disables the traytips.. plz let me know :P

Edited by Kiesp

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69911 <-- Best hacker ever :D

Im trying to make a script that informs the user via traytips.. but they wont display.. so i thought maybe i put in a bad parameter.. then i tried the example in the help file.. and that doesnt display a traytip either.. can any one tell me what might be wrong ? im using windows xp service pack 3.. and the guy i got the computer from have made some changes in tweakUI.. im thinking maybe that is the cause of the problem.. but i dont know the program and dont wanna mess around with it. so if anyone knows if there's a setting in it that disables the traytips.. plz let me know :P

;//Switch sSentry Tray Icon to No Blink and Set Tool Tip [Default tray menu items (Script Paused/Exit) will not be shown].

Opt("TrayMenuMode", 1)

;//No Blink the Tray Icon to show that sSentry is Not Monitoring

TraySetState(8)

;//Set Tool Tip

TraySetToolTip("Your Message")

Ant..

i must admit.. i cant see how those functions (or whatever to call them) should help.. i tried them anyways.. and didnt change anything :P

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69911 <-- Best hacker ever :D

;//Switch sSentry Tray Icon to No Blink and Set Tool Tip [Default tray menu items (Script Paused/Exit) will not be shown].

Opt("TrayMenuMode", 1)

;//No Blink the Tray Icon to show that sSentry is Not Monitoring

TraySetState(8)

;//Set Tool Tip

TraySetToolTip("Your Message")

Ant..

And then if you want to set up your own menu

CODE
;//Setup the sSentry Tray Icon Menu Functions

$sSTrayAlerts = TrayCreateItem("sS_Alerts Status Alt+A")

$sSTrayCalls = TrayCreateItem("sS_Missed Calls Emails Toggle On/Off Alt+C")

$sSTrayMenu = TrayCreateItem("sS_Admin Menu Alt+M")

$sSTrayStatus = TrayCreateItem("Skype Toggle Online/Invisible Alt+O")

$sSTraySound = TrayCreateItem("sS_Alerts Sound Toggle On/Off Alt+S")

$sSTrayExit = TrayCreateItem("sS_Exit Alt+End")

TraySetState()

CODE
;//sSentry Tray Icon Menu Monitor

Func _TrayMonitor()

$msg = TrayGetMsg()

;//View sSentry Monitoring Status

If $msg = $sSTrayAlerts Then

MsgBox(262208, $Title & " Status", "sSentry Monitor: " & $LogTextS & @CRLF & "Sound: " & $SoundText & @CRLF & _

"Skype: Calls " & "[" & $SkypeMissedCalls & "]" & @CRLF & " Msgs " & "[" & $SkypeMissedMsgs & "]" & @CRLF & _

" Voice " & "[" & $SkypeVoiceMails & "]" & @CRLF & "Missed Calls: " & $CallsText & " ", 10)

EndIf

;//Toggle Missed Calls Emails/SMS On Off

If $msg = $sSTrayCalls Then

_sSentryToggleCalls()

EndIf

;//sSentry Administration Menu

If $msg = $sSTrayMenu Then

TraySetState(8) ;No Icon tray blink to show that sSentry is NOT Monitoring

TraySetToolTip("sSentry NOT MONITORING")

_AdminMenu()

EndIf

;//Toggle Skype Online/Invisible/Online

If $msg = $sSTrayStatus Then

_SkypeToggleStatus()

EndIf

;//Toggle Sound On and Off

If $msg = $sSTraySound Then

_sSentryToggleSound()

EndIf

;//Close Skype

If $msg = $sSTrayExit Then

If MsgBox(262177, $Title, " CLOSE sSentry ") = 1 Then ;Close sSentry OK or Cancel

_ISExit()

EndIf

EndIf

EndFunc ;==>_TrayMonitor

Ant..

I think you are misunderstanding me.

I want to make a traytip (a textbox coming from the trayicon) and make it visible, witch it is not and i dont understand why.

I think you are misunderstanding me.

I want to make a traytip (a textbox coming from the trayicon) and make it visible, witch it is not and i dont understand why.

You have not shown the code that is not working for you. Post a short reproducer script that will show us what you have. If you just need an example of a working tray tip, try the example in the help file under TrayTip().

Post some code and we'll know how to help you.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I admit my first post was very unclear, but i had no idea it was so misleading.

I tried with the example from the help file, and it didnt show a traytip.

so i guess the code would be

TrayTip("I'm a title", "I'm the message", 5, 1)
MsgBox(4096,"", "Press OK to see another tip.")
TrayTip("clears any tray tip","",0)
TrayTip("", "A different tray tip.", 5)
Sleep(5000)

i only see the msgbox :P

It sounds like tray tips may have been disabled by your xp.

Visit http://www.theeldergeek.com/registry_edits.htm to reset it manualy. Treat the regedit program with respect.

Did the chap who 'adjusted' your pc have a proved record of leaving reliably working pc's?

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.

It sounds like tray tips may have been disabled by your xp.

Visit http://www.theeldergeek.com/registry_edits.htm to reset it manualy. Treat the regedit program with respect.

Did the chap who 'adjusted' your pc have a proved record of leaving reliably working pc's?

OMG! U ARE FREAKING IMBAH! thanks so much :P i was guessing that it could be fixed in regedit, just didnt know where.. and thanks for warning me about editing stuff in regedit :P

And the guy who edited my computer has his own computer firm that delivers clients to about 60% (as far as i remember) of the pharmacys in denmark :o