obfuscator

If you are running Windows Vista and have a routine that writes value to registry then the following include is required to be incorporated into your script because of the way that Vista seeks user authorisation as a means of managing system integrity.

#RequireAdmin

However if you compile the program [in sCiTe] selecting the obfuscator using the /striponly option the compiled script still runs as if there is no problem however the routine

will no longer write value to registry.

If you compile the program without using obfuscator then there is no problem.

I am not sure if this is a bug so I will let those who are better qualified in matters AutoIT decide.

Ant.. :P

• Developers

If you are running Windows Vista and have a routine that writes value to registry then the following include is required to be incorporated into your script because of the way that Vista seeks user authorisation as a means of managing system integrity.

#RequireAdmin

However if you compile the program [in sCiTe] selecting the obfuscator using the /striponly option the compiled script still runs as if there is no problem however the routine

will no longer write value to registry.

If you compile the program without using obfuscator then there is no problem.

I am not sure if this is a bug so I will let those who are better qualified in matters AutoIT decide.

Ant.. :P

You are right. Obfuscator stripped the #RequireAdmin line in the output script. This is easy to check by just checking the output of Obfuscator and see if something is wrong. It will be called: Your-script-name_Obfuscated.au3

Try the version currently available in the Beta directory: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/.../Obfuscator.exe

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You are right. Obfuscator stripped the #RequireAdmin line in the output script. This is easy to check by just checking the output of Obfuscator and see if something is wrong. It will be called: Your-script-name_Obfuscated.au3

Try the version currently available in the Beta directory: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/.../Obfuscator.exe

Jos

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I downloaded the obfuscator.exe update and I can report that the problem is resolved. Thanks again Ant.. :P