RunAs not working

I believe that the current beta (v3.2.13.6) has problems with RunAs. Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

This code works in the official release (creates the cmd.exe process and you can visually see the console). Using the beta, it creates the process and you can't see the console.

; Fill in the username and password appropriate for your system.
Local $sUserName = "someUser"
Local $sPassword = "somePass"

; Run a command prompt as the other user.
RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, @ComSpec, @SystemDir)oÝ÷ Ù8b±Êy©pk++zÛ«Í×hzÉ÷ö×+^¶·£k¡Ç¬²ë"ay·­j»§)àÖòvç%É"ay«·~)^Féçx-êk¢
ÚØk¢è!IÈ
+Çâå,x-ê~'"jZÞæ¬z+p¢¹,jw­æ­zËazèqë,o*îx§+n²)රwâê+o+¬xr$Äjëh×6MsgBox(0,"Testing",RunAs("someUser",@ComputerName,"somePass",1,"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe","C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox"))

-Livewire

I believe that the current beta (v3.2.13.6) has problems with RunAs. Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

This code works in the official release (creates the cmd.exe process and you can visually see the console). Using the beta, it creates the process and you can't see the console.

; Fill in the username and password appropriate for your system.
Local $sUserName = "someUser"
Local $sPassword = "somePass"

; Run a command prompt as the other user.
RunAs($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, @ComSpec, @SystemDir)oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×h¢­ëmÉÛ¦nh¬µ©¢y²¥ªíjwjº+^¡»â¢ë%¢"­¶¡×ºØ­ßÛ-ç±iËl¢»h~ØbƵçZÜ!È×µë-z»*º^N¬r^jÊÊÞ¶êç³F§uÚ²}ýµÊÞj×­çâ­çèÆèqë,ºÈ§Ø^mëZ®éçx"µ¼¢æåyÉbrH§Ø^jíßWºyâaz趦¶èºRr$ÄÂä±ø§yK"azßÈ·¥y«Ü(®K×+y«^²Ø^¦ºzËÊ»§)àÛ¬x-æ®Ýø¥zÛÊë"1ºÚ"µÍÙÐÞ
    ][ÝÕÝ[É][ÝË[Ê    ][ÝÜÛÛYUÙ][ÝËÛÛ][YK    ][ÝÜÛÛYTÜÉ][ÝËK ][ÝÐÎÌLÔÙÜ[H[ÉÌLÓ[Þ[HYÞ ÌLÙYÞ^I][ÝË    ][ÝÐÎÌLÔÙÜ[H[ÉÌLÓ[Þ[HYÞ ][ÝÊJ

-Livewire

This must be related to the same dumb mistake from above. The version I just compiled with my fix for the first mistake seems to fix this one, too, although it's not obvious to me as to why (scary...).

Thanks, should be fixed in the next beta which I might push Jon to drop tomorrow.

Actually, I see why the second example fails now and it is related to the first issue. However, it may have accidentally exposed a second, totally unrelated bug that's been there since the introduction of RunAs() although under somewhat obscure conditions.

• 1 month later...

Actually, I see why the second example fails now and it is related to the first issue. However, it may have accidentally exposed a second, totally unrelated bug that's been there since the introduction of RunAs() although under somewhat obscure conditions.

Has this been fixed in 3.2.12.1?

Has this been fixed in 3.2.12.1?

No. I don't speak for Valik, but 3.2.12.1 came out before the 3.2.13.6 Beta. The fix is in the 3.2.13.7 Beta and will be in either 3.2.12.2 or 3.2.14.0 Prod (whichever way Jon decides to release the next prod version).

Check the version history in the current Beta help file for more info.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law