Hooking a Function

Is it possible to have one function know when another function is called for Plug-In Purposes?

Example:

#Region - Main Script
    #include <FirstPlugin.au3>
    #include <SecondPlugin.au3>

LogMessage("Woot! I processed something!")

#EndRegion - Main ScriptoÝ÷ Ù«­¢+ØI¥½¸´¥ÉÍÑA±Õ¥¸¹ÔÌ($¥¹±Õµ½¹($(%Õ¹1½5ÍÍ ÀÌØí5Íͤ($$íQ=

In this example the expected result would be a Call to "Hooked_LogMessage" then "LogMessage". The the third parameter in the [HookFunction] Function would be a Boolean value used to indicate an override. Thus if true it would in essence just replace the original function. The $Override feature is more of a "WishList" item and I can live without it.

In a twisted way this would implement some rudimentary OOP features. Namely Inheritance and overriding.

I know this is possible, I just don't know how to do it.

--- TTFN

UPDATE:

I've been digging around the windows API and SetWindowsHookEx with CallWndProc looked promising. That is until frustration set in.

• Am I correct in assuming that SetWindowsHookEx(CallWndProc...) can hook functions executed within AutoIt?
  • Or is AutoIt Designed in a way that makes this impossible?
I've been hacking away trying to get this to work with no luck. Am I at least on the right path? Can someone through me a clue? This seams so simple! Why isn't there a simple hook for this?!?

:P

--- TTFN

UPDATE:

I've been digging around the windows API and SetWindowsHookEx with CallWndProc looked promising. That is until frustration set in.

• Am I correct in assuming that SetWindowsHookEx(CallWndProc...) can hook functions executed within AutoIt?
  • Or is AutoIt Designed in a way that makes this impossible?
I've been hacking away trying to get this to work with no luck. Am I at least on the right path? Can someone through me a clue? This seams so simple! Why isn't there a simple hook for this?!?

:P

No, you're not on the right way.

The windows hooks will not help you to hook autoit functions.

Unfortunately the functionality you're seeking is most likely not available in autoit.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Why would you want to hook functions inside the same script? That's just senseless. Write the code inside the script to set some kind of modifier or to call the "hook" inside the function.

Hooks are meant for things outside of your normal reach. If you can edit the code you have, you shouldn't need things like hooks to read what you have the code for.