PC control with SMS commands

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me out here, seeing as how I don't have a clue where to start. Simply put, I want to control my PC through SMS text messages. I would be able to shutdown, restart, log off, run a program, ect. by sending a text. I planned on being able to send a text message to a Gmail account and having autoit check the body of the message for the command, however it seems that there's a lot of issues with logging into gmail with autoit. Does anyone have an idea of how to do this?

Well, I actually expected to enable pop3 and have it downloaded to a client, since not only would it be simpler, but also the script wont be based online. That way, you dont have to check the messages as soon as the SMS sends, the email is downloaded to the computer and then the body can be scanned for the keywords.

Edit:

Actually, my phone has mobile AIM, so the commands possibly could be done through that too. That actually may be a simpler solution

Edited by MikeFez

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me out here, seeing as how I don't have a clue where to start. Simply put, I want to control my PC through SMS text messages. I would be able to shutdown, restart, log off, run a program, ect. by sending a text. I planned on being able to send a text message to a Gmail account and having autoit check the body of the message for the command, however it seems that there's a lot of issues with logging into gmail with autoit. Does anyone have an idea of how to do this?

Is your modem a local usb or serial device, or is it online?

do you have the AT command scripts to setup/operate the GSM SMS?

SIone

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.

Is your modem a local usb or serial device, or is it online?

do you have the AT command scripts to setup/operate the GSM SMS?

SIone

I think hes just using your standard internet connected PC.

To me, it seems like AIM would be the easiest solution, that way you could have your computer report back to your phone whether or not it received the command without having to involve email.

I think hes just using your standard internet connected PC.

To me, it seems like AIM would be the easiest solution, that way you could have your computer report back to your phone whether or not it received the command without having to involve email.

theres an autoit script that connects to aim??

how on earth would u parse the commands if you arent conencted to aim directly??

tolle indicium