Programming Opinion needed

This isn't really a code issue. This is more a question on how should I set something up.

I have a program I need to re-write in AutoIt. It was written in Visual Basic 3 I think and the source is long gone. Here's the premise of the program:

Scan 2 remote shared folders for PDF files on a specific time delay

If you find any, copy them to the local server

Print the files to a certain printer depending on the name of the document

Move the files to a 'processed' folder once printed

Repeat

Sounds simple doesn't it? Now the question though is whether or not I split the printing part off into it's own script. I'd like the scanning to keep to a regular schedule (like every 2 minutes). But if all of a sudden there's a bunch of documents that need processed, I don't want it backing up and throwing the time off.

So programming guru's... does this sound like something that should be kept as one script or something that might benefit from 2 processes running at once?

Peace

...So programming guru's... does this sound like something that should be kept as one script or something that might benefit from 2 processes running at once?

No guru here, but if you use the "Run()" function to print each PDF, then script does not wait for the printing to complete before continuing.

This link...

http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devsup.nsf/docs/52080.htm

... suggests this command line format:

AcroRd32.exe /t "C:\test.pdf" "\\servername\printername"

You should be able to work that into a Run or ShellExecute func using the full path to AcroRd32.exe.

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]