Problem running generated exe on LAN

Hi please, can anyone help.

I have created an exe from a .au3 file called test .exe.

When I run the exe on my local computer it works beautifully.

If I put the exe on a remote server, log in to thge server using citrix and run it, no problem at all.

However, if I log to the server from a pc on the LAN and double click the exe I get the following message :

Unable to open the script file

Don't understand this as surely the exe is completely self contained? The autoit exe is being called from another program.

Any help please?

Hi please, can anyone help.

I have created an exe from a .au3 file called test .exe.

When I run the exe on my local computer it works beautifully.

If I put the exe on a remote server, log in to thge server using citrix and run it, no problem at all.

However, if I log to the server from a pc on the LAN and double click the exe I get the following message :

Unable to open the script file

Don't understand this as surely the exe is completely self contained? The autoit exe is being called from another program.

Any help please?

Hi there!

Try to check the enviroment variables.

maybe you are using some of them that are not available in citrix configuration.

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

I think I may not be explaining this correctly.

I have created a simple .exe from an au3 file on my local pc - not attached to the network.

I have placed the exe on a server (which is networked to a bunch of pc's). Each of these pc's can run various other exe's on the same server.

If I try to run the exe I have generated in the same way as the other exe's (by double clicking it) from the pc attached to the network, the exe fails with the message "unable to open the script file".

However, when my my standalone pc connects to the server via citrix (or in fact the pc linked to the network but connecting to the server via citrix), the exe I have created works with no problem at all.

This is what I don't understand as surely the exe is the same as any other exe?

The message that gets returned is headed an AutoIT error - so what's happening and why odes the exe perform differently when it's accessed by a networked pc rather than when it's accessed via citrix.

On a standalone pc or via citrix it works perfectly but as soon as you try to access it via a conventionally networked pc you get the error message. I have checked the permissions on the exe and basically any user can do anything - likewise there's no problem accessing any other exe on the server.

Hope that explains the problem a little better. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

I think I may not be explaining this correctly.

I have created a simple .exe from an au3 file on my local pc - not attached to the network.

I have placed the exe on a server (which is networked to a bunch of pc's). Each of these pc's can run various other exe's on the same server.

If I try to run the exe I have generated in the same way as the other exe's (by double clicking it) from the pc attached to the network, the exe fails with the message "unable to open the script file".

However, when my my standalone pc connects to the server via citrix (or in fact the pc linked to the network but connecting to the server via citrix), the exe I have created works with no problem at all.

This is what I don't understand as surely the exe is the same as any other exe?

The message that gets returned is headed an AutoIT error - so what's happening and why odes the exe perform differently when it's accessed by a networked pc rather than when it's accessed via citrix.

On a standalone pc or via citrix it works perfectly but as soon as you try to access it via a conventionally networked pc you get the error message. I have checked the permissions on the exe and basically any user can do anything - likewise there's no problem accessing any other exe on the server.

Hope that explains the problem a little better. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

I test some programs of mine in my network.

i had some trouble too, in one of my programs, but that was because i ran the program in Win2003. Do you have any AutoIT variable such as @OSVersion?

That was my problem... and i solved my issue compiling again in the latest AutoIT version.

Cheers

Edited by november

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem with compiled script in my Startup folder, sometimes I get the eror message, but not always, but later when the logon process has finished I can manually click on the same shortcut in the Startup folder and then it works fine.