Selection Buttons not marked

I am trying to automate a script to install a program, everything is working well however there is a license window that has an "Accept" and "Decline" buttons. There no indications of names on these buttons, and since I will be installing on many systems, and they will all have different resolutions, I need a reliable way to select the button. I have used the ({TAB 4}) and that doesn't always work for me. Any suggestions.

• Developers

Is it a proper control and can't you use ControlClick() ?

Just check with au3info.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

ControlClick() does not work for me, with the different screen resolutions the position of the button is always changing.

There is no relation between ControlClick() and resolutions. MouseClick() would have that problem.

Just read the info in the helpfile.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It appears to be a java window with no controls on it.

ControlClick is the best bet. As Jos said,

StartMenu>Program Files>Autoit>AutoIt Window Info

Open the help file>Search tab> "Controls">View topic

This is the command you need, just research it out and you'll get it.

I know that I seem to be just not getting it, however even with the info tool running when I mouse over the accept button, I get no information concerning the button I need to click. I understand about the info that I am trying to get, I use it on every other window with the winwaitactive command, and it works great. This window is totally anonymous.

• Developers

ControlClick is the best bet. As Jos said,

No, as the OP state, the control isn't a standard one.

I know that I seem to be just not getting it, however even with the info tool running when I mouse over the accept button, I get no information concerning the button I need to click. I understand about the info that I am trying to get, I use it on every other window with the winwaitactive command, and it works great. This window is totally anonymous.

Is there anything you can do with the Keyboard? I remember solving something similar ones using the Send() command.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.