ComboBox Disappears after selection

new2this

I have several combo boxes that exist on a tabbed interface of a GUI. These combo boxes are populated from a data query run using an executable jar file from the commandline. Everything works great, but in certain screen resolutions, after you select an item from the dropdown list of the combo box, the combo box disappears until you select another part of the GUI.

Here's how I delcare my combobox:

$combobox = guictrlcreatecombo("", 350, 160, 141, 25, $CBS_DropDownList + $WS_Vscroll)

Here's how I populate it:

For $i = 1 to Ubound($ary) -1

Guictrlcombobox_addstring($combobox,$ary[$i])

Next

The issue is on all of the comboboxes in my GUI. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have several combo boxes that exist on a tabbed interface of a GUI. These combo boxes are populated from a data query run using an executable jar file from the commandline. Everything works great, but in certain screen resolutions, after you select an item from the dropdown list of the combo box, the combo box disappears until you select another part of the GUI.

Here's how I delcare my combobox:

$combobox = guictrlcreatecombo("", 350, 160, 141, 25, $CBS_DropDownList + $WS_Vscroll)

Here's how I populate it:

For $i = 1 to Ubound($ary) -1

Guictrlcombobox_addstring($combobox,$ary[$i])

Next

The issue is on all of the comboboxes in my GUI. Thanks in advance for any help.

Without some more code I don't know, but the usual reason people have problems like this is that they forget to end the tab item.

GUICtrlCreateTabItem("")   ; end tabitem
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Here's the GUI code and a snippet from the code to populate the combo boxes. Thanks again for any suggestions.

Can you post something we could run to see the problem?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Here's a sample that will run. Run it, then change your screen resolution lower and you should see the issue.

Yes, I see the problem. At my usual resolution there's no problem but if I reduce to 1024 x 768 then the problem occurs every time I select from the combo list. Moving the cursor over the combo redraws it.

I thought that the problem might have been due to the fact that your raio buttons and combos overlap, but when I separated them the problem stayed.

So here is a work-around. Add the following case to you main loop

case $cmbMoveFolder,$cmbMoveMapping;add any other other combos
         DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "InvalidateRect", "hwnd", GUICtrlGetHandle($nMsg), "int", 0, "int", 1)

Looks like a bug to me.

Works like a champ! What is that exactly doing?

Forces a redraw of the component.