_INetGetSource and Vista

Hello everybody.

I have a problem and i dont know what the problem is.

Here is a cut of the program:

It is running perfect on windows xp.

But the problem is, that windows vista does nothing. Firewall is deactivated.

The program is only checking the source of a html file. The html file is only including one word "reachable" as text.

Windows XP and the program below does read the file without a problem and write a "0" into a text file on the harddisk, if the file with this included text was NOT found on the server.

If the file was found and the text "reachable" is included in this html file, then nothing will be happening. And thats okay.

But windows vista does nothing. What could be the problem ? Internet connection is okay.

I dont know what the problem is, because xp does read it. Maybe vista does not allow to read the file ? But vista does not say anything !!!

I also tried to use #require admin for vista. Vista was asking to allow the connection. I said yes, but nothing happened.

#include <INet.au3>

#include <File.au3>

If Stringinstr( _INetGetSource('http://www.test.com/Folder/test.html') , 'reachable') Then

; nothing

Else

_FileWriteToLine("\Programs\Testprogram\testfile.txt", 1, "0", 1)

Exit

EndIf

exit

I hope you can help me.

Best regards to all.

Toppoint

Hello.

Hmm. Very interessting.

I use the autoit version 3.2.10.0

I have used a compiled version of the script above.

Are there some changes for vista in the new version of auto it ? For the command inetgetsource ?

Which version do you have ? And which windows vista version ? Home Basic or Premium ?

Best regards,

Toppoint

Hello.

Now i know the problem.

A txt file in the program folder can not be edited by the script.

The rights of windows vista does not allow to edit a installed file in the program folder. It doesnt matter if it is a ini or txt file.

Only if i give them the full rights on the file with the settings for my username.

But i want to give it automatically the rights with the script to edit it.

Is this possible ???

Example:

if server file test.html on the server xxx is reachable then the script should edit a txt file in the program folder.

(No problem, only the rights are the problem)

But the first part of the script should be set the rights on that txt file in the program folder to full rights. Everybody should edit this txt file if the program will be installed on a other computer. If they are starting the script then they should not have a problem.

Can you help me ?

regards,

Toppoint