INavMedia (CarPC App) V1.2

Champak

INavMedia v1.2

So here is what I've been working on, INavMedia. It is a navigation assistant and media center with a bunch of other bells and whistles. List is too much to list here, so click the link to download the help file and see screen shots. The help file will give you plenty of info and most of the images of the app; and give you info of planned upgrades (Note, if you plan on just getting the app, the helpfile will automatically deploy on the first run, so no need to grab both files).

GENERAL FEATURES

OSK (qwerty, alphabetic, and road type abbreviations)

Display change for night and day (manual or automatic)

Appointment calendar reminder with repeat options.

Theft Locater (Provides GPS location, IP Address, screen shot image, time/date, country/state/city, ISP.)

NAVIGATION

Compass with sunset/sunrise, gps lock

Hotkey assistant for iGuidance and Streets & Trips with voice prompts.

Universal favorites for both nav apps.

Gas station retrieval with logo and grade choice...this one is real nice, not the same as a lot of other carpc front ends.

Traffic condition retrieval.

Weather conditions by zip code OR current coordinates with voice prompts.

Driving gas, speed, and distance log.

Point Of Interest (POI) notification and hotset: within range of destination you set you will be notified by voice prompt and distance to the destination in feet. (cool thing about this is you can set up the files to say your name when reading back the POIs)

Included is a comprehensive list of redlight cameras with intersections in NYC.

MEDIA CENTER

mp3, wav, wma, aif, aiff, wmv, avi, cd, dvd

CD burner/ripper

Current media voice prompt.

Media art retrieva (mp3, wma, avi, cd, dvd)l.

Display media art for all media format types.

Song/Artist info across top of screen in large letter(Day/night color change).

ONLY WORKS WITH WMP PLAYLIST NO CURRENT PLAN ON CHANGING THAT(You can create the playlists from within INavMedia):

There's a bunch of other stuff so check the help file or just download the app.

Many thanks to quite a few of you for helping me out which are credited in the helpfile.

FOR ANY UPGRADES: Use the provided deployed uninstaller, BEFORE running new version.

DOWNLOAD:

ONLY tested on XP and Vista

NOTE: If you have any issues, please state which OS you are using. I can't help you that much if it is Vista as I just started using it and am not liking it. The biggest problem you'll have with Vista, and most likely the only one, is privileges, so set that properly and you should be good. MAKE SURE YOU SET IT BEFORE THE FIRST RUN!!!!

If it craps out during start up, make a file "INavMedia.log" and put it in the applications folder. Start up the app and send me the results in the log. Once you send me the results, delete the log file, because it can slow down the start up.

NOTE: On the FIRST run ONLY, IF you have a relatively large wmp library (800+ songs), the start up will be SLOW. To remedy this, before you run INavMedia, in your INavMedia folder, make a file "StartUp Playlist.txt" and on the first line put in the full path to one song. BE SURE that once the INavMedia starts to properly load a playlist, because certain media functions will crap out the program if you leave it the way it is.

(I might later change how this works, and make it skip a playlist load process if the file doesn't already exist, but for now I'm going to leave it because I like the functionality.)

Helpfile and Info/ScreenShots OR INavMedia app

Finally The Source

Feedback, bugs, let me know, thanks.

For those of you who don't read help files and end up deleting the files instead of running the uninstaller or for whatever reason the uninstaller doesn't install, here it is for you.

Edited by Champak

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The help file is fixed, it seems it was because it wasn't zipped up and the server did something to it. It's now in a rar and should work fine when downloaded. You are getting that error when you try to run because a dll isn't registering....don't worry if you uninstall it will remove and unregister....so I believe if you make admin privileges it will work.

I noticed a bug with the POI, if there are no recent POIs, there will be an error if you try to load one. I'll fix that.

Edited by Champak

I have a strong belief that has to do with INavMedia looking for a playlist in your wmp library. Do you have any playlists? How do you have it set up? Folder paths? I haven't come across this problem because all of my computers music libraries are set up the same, and I can't readily reproduce this because it will screw up my library. I would set something up in your wmp for now (playlist). I'll set up a fail safe for this, but let me know the questions I asked. The error with loading the POI is fixed, but not uploaded yet.

Edited by Champak

I knew where the problem was, just had to take leave for a while and come back and figure a quick and dirty way to circumvent. It should be good now. New version uploaded with wmp and POI fix. You may have to start app twice the first time because of the workaround, I'll make it a proper error function in the morning.

Also, on four of my computers, the cpu usage is fine...all Intel, but on one of them, AMD 3100+, I see the cpu usage spike up around 30 to 40. Please let me know if anyone else is having high cpu usage with this app.

EDIT: why would someone give me a one star rating when in big bold letters it is clear this is a beta(may be coming with bugs), hence test run, assuming I got that rating because the initial run crapped out with errors. At least wait until v1 to rate it....unless you just really didn't like it for some reason.

Also, on four of my computers the cpu usage with this app is fine...all intels, however another computer, AMD 3100+, I'm getting the process at 30-40%. Let me know if anyone else is getting that. Thanks.

Edited by Champak

INavMedia 0.5.1.20 Beta.

Bugfix: I saw a few other array issues with the media player that would cause the INavMedia to fail, added fail safes.

Bugfix: Previous version wouldn't allow you to use your own image as the main logo.

Added: On start up detects if you have WMP 11, if not, provides link to microsoft to download.

Updated: Helpfile to walk through issue with no media playlist if you don't have one on launch.

Edited by Champak

OK, upgrade time.

INavMedia 0.6.0.5 Beta

I want to reiterate: THIS IS NOT A NAVIGATION APPLICATION within itself. There was some confusion with someone. This is a "front end"/navigation assistant. If you want actual navigation directions specifically, you need to get yourself iGuidance or Streets & Trips and a GPS receiver which this is designed to integrate with....or some other nav application.

Working things out with Alienware, we figured the problem he was experiencing was Vista compatible issue. It was never initially meant for Vista, but my tests so far show no problems with Vista since remedying the issues...(by the way, in the three hours I've been messing with this Vista thing, I hate it.)

Completed: Streets & Trips function set and voice prompt options.

Fixed: Window animation and other issues with Vista. (Now Vista compatible) ...at least until I break something :P

Fixed: Increased speed with gas station price city retrieval.

Fixed: Load default settings and store custom settings.

Fixed: Hotkey pass through for "Home" in iGuidance was not passing the correct information.

Fixed: Previous version wouldn't allow you to use your own image as the main logo.

Fixed: Appointment calendar showed alarm image when increasing the year when date from previous year had an appointment.

Fixed: Error that causes app to exit the very first time the user tries to retrieve gas prices.

Added: Create, Edit, Delete playlist. Drag and drop into playlist. (currently unable to delete individual songs from playlist)

Added: On start up detects if you have WMP 11, if not, provides link to microsoft to download.

Added: Drag and drop user files (traffic, gas station, weather, media art, voice prompts). Now if you are transferring files from main home computer to CarPC, you can just drag and drop files over main Nav image (User logo image) and it will put the files in the proper folders.

Added: Error detection for WMP 8 and prior to disable media player audio and avi functions.

Added: Distinctive image for appointments set to repeat.

Updated: More info added to the Helpfile...but still not complete.

Known issues:

1/ I've noticed an annoying image problem with the information display screens with Vista. I'll figure out how to take care of that.

2/ If you are playing a playlist and one of the songs on the playlist has been deleted/moved, the playlist will not go beyond that song unless you go in the playlist listview and skip over that song. Should fix this next version.

Also, the computer I've put Vista on, of course throws out a crap load of computability issues which is preventing me from playing DVDs because of some analog copy protection issue with my display card. So I don't know if the DVD portion in this app is working with Vista. Could someone let me know please?

There are three Streets&Trips hotkey functions not actually set up yet. "Favorites", because I'll prob. change or get rid of that, set push pin and full screen view because I didn't get around to them yet.

Edited by Champak

OK, upgrade time.

INavMedia 0.6.0.5 Beta

I want to reiterate: THIS IS NOT A NAVIGATION APPLICATION within itself. There was some confusion with someone. This is a "front end"/navigation assistant. If you want actual navigation directions, you need to get yourself iGuidance or Streets & Trips which this is designed to integrate with....or some other nav application.

Working things out with Alienware, we figured the problem he was experiencing was Vista compatible issue. It was never initially meant for Vista, but my tests so far show no problems with Vista since remedying the issues...(by the way, in the three hours I've been messing with this Vista thing, I hate it.)

Completed: Streets & Trips function set and voice prompt options.

Fixed: Window animation and other issues with Vista. (Now Vista compatible) ...at least until I break something :P

Fixed: Increased speed with gas station price city retrieval.

Fixed: Load default settings and store custom settings.

Fixed: Hotkey pass through for "Home" in iGuidance was not passing the correct information.

Fixed: Previous version wouldn't allow you to use your own image as the main logo.

Fixed: Appointment calendar showed alarm image when increasing the year when date from previous year had an appointment.

Fixed: Error that causes app to exit the very first time the user tries to retrieve gas prices.

Added: Create, Edit, Delete playlist. Drag and drop into playlist. (currently unable to delete individual songs from playlist)

Added: Drag and drop user files (traffic, gas station, weather, media art, voice prompts). Now if you are transferring files from main home computer to CarPC, you can just drag and drop files over main Nav image (User logo image) and it will put the files in the proper folders.

Added: Error detection for WMP 8 and prior to disable media player audio and avi functions.

Added: Distinctive image for appointments set to repeat.

Updated: More info added to the Helpfile...but still not complete.

Known issues:

1/ I've noticed an annoying image problem with the information display screens with Vista. I'll figure out how to take care of that.

2/ If you are playing a playlist and one of the songs on the playlist has been deleted/moved, the playlist will not go beyond that song unless you go in the playlist listview and skip over that song. Should fix this next version.

Also, the computer I've put Vista on, of course throws out a crap load of computability issues which is preventing me from playing DVDs because of some analog copy protection issue with my display card. So I don't know if the DVD portion in this app is working with Vista. Could someone let me know please?

There are three Streets&Trips hotkey functions not actually set up yet. "Favorites", because I'll prob. change or get rid of that, set push pin and full screen view because I didn't get around to them yet.

I want to try the new version out. But parental controls are blocking access to that website, can you post a mirror or attach it here?

Upgrade

INavMedia 0.7.0.0 Beta.

Fixed: Hotkeys activating while typing address/info into navigation programs.

Fixed: Missed a few labels that should change on night/day time display change.

Added: Ability to change song rating; this also updates WMP library song rating.

Added: Size option for media art.

Added: Additional GPS info to compass.

Added: Night view feature to compass.

Added: Upgrade notification.

Updated: More info added to the Helpfile and reorganized.

INavMedia 0.6.1.5 Beta.

So here is what I've been working on, INavMedia. It is a navigation assistant and media center with a bunch of other bells and whistles. List is too much to list here, so click the link to download the help file and see screen shots. The help file isn't complete but it should give you plenty of info and all the images of the app; and give you info of planned upgrades (Note, if you plan on just getting the app, the helpfile will automatically deploy on the first run, so no need to grab both files).

GENERAL FEATURES

OSK (qwerty, alphabetic, and road type abbreviations)

Display change for night and day (manual or automatic)

Appointment calendar reminder with repeat options.

NAVIGATION

Compass with sunset/sunrise, gps lock

Hotkey assistant for iGuidance and Streets & Trips with voice prompts.

Universal favorites for both nav apps.

Gas station retrieval with logo and grade choice...this one is real nice, not the same as a lot of other carpc front ends.

Traffic condition retrieval.

Weather conditions by zip code OR current coordinates with voice prompts.

Driving gas, speed, and distance log.

Point Of Interest (POI) notification: within range of destination you set you will be notified by voice prompt and distance to the destination in feet. (cool thing about this is you can set up the files to say your name when reading back the POIs)

Included is a comprehensive list of redlight cameras with intersections in NYC.

MEDIA CENTER

mp3, avi, cd, dvd

Current media voice prompt.

Media art retrieva (mp3, avi, cd, dvd)l.

Display media art for all media format types.

Song/Artist info across top of screen in large letter(Day/night color change).

ONLY WORKS WITH WMP PLAYLIST NO CURRENT PLAN ON CHANGING THAT:

There's a bunch of other stuff so check the help file or just download the app.

No source file yet.

Many thanks to quite a few of you for helping me out.

FOR ANY UPGRADES: Use the provided deployed uninstaller, BEFORE running new version.

DOWNLOAD:

ONLY tested on XP and Vista

Helpfile and Info/ScreenShots

INavMedia

Feedback, bugs, let me know, thanks.

Both are bad links...

Sorry about that, forgot to update the link when I updated the file. The new link will take you directly to both files and just choose which ones you want to download.

EDIT: Trying a new download service. No downloading right now.

Edited by Champak

New download site is up temporarily. Because of this, the automatic update is broken, but will be fixed as soon as I know if I want to keep the current site permanently. Also I've made a small upgrade to 0.7.0.2. This makes the speech activation faster the first time it is run. For some reason autoit takes a few seconds to activate the speech the very first time, but I've made a crude workaround to fix this.

Upgrade

INavMedia 0.7.1.5 Beta.

NOTICE: Upgrade notification still temporarily disabled.

Fixed: When switching from CD mode to Mp3 mode, previous Mp3 playlist automatically loads instantly.

Fixed: Error if song in the playlist has been removed/deleted from the computer.

Added: Automatic handling of CD/DVD exchange. Modes will change, information will populate, times will reset. (Note: the automatic handling is disabled with InterActual developed DVDs because of CPU load problems ONLY if the DVD is in the drive upon INavMedia launch. If an InterActual developed DVD is put in the drive while INavMedia is already running, it will cause high CPU loads which will lower once the DVD is removed, or INavMedia is restarted with the DVD in the drive to disable the function; you will be prompted upon insertion of the InterActual DVD to take the necessary actions.)

Added: Display current DVD chapter and total DVD chapters.

Added: DVD restore point on stop option. -- If the same DVD, it will start playing from where you stopped it even if you close INavMedia and restart.

Added: DVD will go straight into playing movie and skip the warnings, previews and menus (No restore points can be set for this to take place).

Added: DVD menu button.

Added: Notification during gas price search if a city does not contain gas price data instead of just skipping over the city.

Added: Automatic modifier hotkey translation (Just pressing Shift, Ctrl, Alt, and then the desired key produces the desired combination of keys without having to remember correlation to the raw format of +, ^, !).

Improved: Song List view can now search through songs with Previous/Next buttons without a song currently being active.

Improved: Songs no longer have to be within the WMP library, and song info will still be displayed but without record label/publisher.

Improved: General coding.

Improved: Retrieving gas station cities now faster and uses less memory.

Updated: More info added to the Helpfile (Mostly in the Media Player).

Edited by Champak