New to this....

Ok Im new to this, but i know a very VERY minimal to how this works. Ive done a tiny bit of editing scripts, but i used Notepad, when i modded xboxes. I want to make a bot, and i know that i need to make it do loops and text inputs. Im wanting to make one for Tribal Wars. Yes i know that Tribal Wars doesn't allow bots, but neither does WoW or mostly EVERY RPG, RTS games. But anyway. I need some help. I read the writing your first scripts guides across google, and NON of them were helpful; or at least the ones i found. Can ANYONE posts some helpful links or post some commands or ANYTHING for advice. Thanks in advanced.

Ive done a few MINOR scripte edits in notebook. I pick up on stuff generally quick. Im just not sure on what the commands and stuff are. If im not mistaken, Programming runs off of what-ifs statements or something like that. I may be wrong, but either way, I just wanted somethng to pass the time by. I want to be successful, but in the end, im just looking for a new hobby, and i really LOVE computers. I just need that headstart on what to do first.

Edited by Peperm1nt

Ive done a few MINOR scripte edits in notebook. I pick up on stuff generally quick. Im just not sure on what the commands and stuff are. If im not mistaken, Programming runs off of what-ifs statements or something like that. I may be wrong, but either way, I just wanted somethng to pass the time by. I want to be successful, but in the end, im just looking for a new hobby, and i really LOVE computers. I just need that headstart on what to do first.

Open the helpfile! :P

Ok. I opend the help files, and found a bunch of scripts. Pretty sure you knew that. Is there anyway you can give me an example of how the script writing works? Im patient, and i know that most of the people reading this have answered this question before. BUT im thinking about taking some classes in programming. And i just want a project to get me motivated to take them. Ive always wanted to learn how to do this, but it seems that without some education or specific instructions, its kinda hard. What im looking for is a script with comments inside it of what this is doing, what that is doing. Im not trying to write a brand new file name. Im just wanting to write a simulator bot or whatever it is called. I want to create a bot for Tribal Wars. I know that it cant be that hard. What i do know is that i need to get the bot to read my resources on a text field, and then go to my barracks and produce x amount of troops and loop every 30 mins. BTW this is a text based RTS if no one knew that. That is how i figured that it would be simpler than trying to write a WoW glider or bot that will do everything. I just want to build a Queuing bot.

I have several ideas on how to approach this.

Since it is a RTS game, i need to get the bot to read a field and when there are x amount of resources, go to the barracks, queue 30 swords(this is just example)

OR

Get the bot to go in loops. Queue this or that, and then go into sleep mode for x amount of time, wake up and repeat.

Those are just small idea. I dont think that they will be that hard, at least for my first script anyway. I wanna go more in depth with it, but for now, that is what i want to do.

If that ever gets accomplished, I then want to put a cap(dont build after 500 are made) on the bot to close down.

see my signature below

... and Welcome to Autoit

8)

WOW man thanks... havent downloaded the beta or the editor yet, but i did have the main download. Looks exciting anyways. THis may have been that jumpstart i needed. and to think i was gonna look for something else.

WOW man thanks... havent downloaded the beta or the editor yet, but i did have the main download. Looks exciting anyways. THis may have been that jumpstart i needed. and to think i was gonna look for something else.

Your Welcome... Autoit is a great language

You might want to take a look at the "great programs" list below too!

ENJOY!!!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• Moderators

Your Welcome... Autoit is a great language

You might want to take a look at the "great programs" list below too!

ENJOY!!!

8)

:P :toothorn: :toot: :P

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Ok, this has really helped me, I made a GUI table(used the one in the tut) and added some buttons and crap to mess around with it. I cant find a way to link the buttons or the drop down menus to anything. Im pretty sure that i checked all the tuts. Also, i cant get the beta to run. Gives me an error

Line 18 (File "C:\Users\Pepermint\Desktop\AutoIT

Tuts\Lessons|Lesson-1.au3"):

If, And, Or, Then, Next, While, Wend.

If, And, Or, Then, Next, While, Wend^ ERROR

Error: Missing separator character after keyword.

I downloaded all the files and I can't get past that.