File opened

Hi,

Im a php programmer and recently encountered the autoit language, and I really like it. I often work together with colleagues of mine.

Now we had some "synchronisation" problems before. We upload files to a ftp server, then work on them and upload - etc. Now sometimes I make changes and overwrite other sources, but at the same time, someone else does the same and overwrites my files. This results in a loss of time and effort. Now i wondered if there is any way for us to detect which files are opened at whose computer and show that in a gui or something...

Help would be appreciated -

sincerely,

Drchubby

Edited by Drchubby

• Developers

Why not use a SVN or CVS server for your source?

This will give you versioning plus it allows for merging changes before commiting your change.

You could then also work with the Check-out and Check-In facility that will ensure that source is only updated by one person at a time.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi,

Im a php programmer and recently encountered the autoit language, and I really like it. I often work together with colleagues of mine.

Now we had some "synchronisation" problems before. We upload files to a ftp server, then work on them and upload - etc. Now sometimes I make changes and overwrite other sources, but at the same time, someone else does the same and overwrites my files. This results in a loss of time and effort. Now i wondered if there is any way for us to detect which files are opened at whose computer and show that in a gui or something...

Help would be appreciated -

sincerely,

Drchubby

May i suggest that you and your team use version control,testing, and documentation before you submit your new code to your server?

This means that you will all know what changes others have made before you start your work,upload, and find you have wasted time and effort....

Just a suggestion.

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.