Unable to Compile script

I am unable to compile a script properly. I have been working at this for awhile. It must be something awful simple or simply AWFUL.

I have tried reinstalling AU3 and Scite. I have removed AVG, and disabled the windows defender.

by trial and error alone I have found that I can compile a script by choosing to compile using ANSI.

I get an exe file but it does not open. below is the info provided by scipe when I tell it to compile.

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui.exe" /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\auExtensionwrite.au3"

+>18:06:26 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper GUI v.1.10.1.12

-> No changes made..

+>18:06:36 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.11 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86 ANSI)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>18:06:36 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.12.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\auExtensionwrite.au3" /out "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\auExtensionwrite.exe" /comp 2 /pack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

!>18:06:50 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build.rc:9999

+>18:06:50 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 23.994

Anyone have a clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Note: I am using a dell optiplex with windows xp pro using service pack 2

No avg, and windows defender is installed but I have told it to turn off real time protection.

I am unable to compile a script properly. I have been working at this for awhile. It must be something awful simple or simply AWFUL.

I have tried reinstalling AU3 and Scite. I have removed AVG, and disabled the windows defender.

by trial and error alone I have found that I can compile a script by choosing to compile using ANSI.

I get an exe file but it does not open. below is the info provided by scipe when I tell it to compile.

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui.exe" /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\auExtensionwrite.au3"

+>18:06:26 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper GUI v.1.10.1.12

-> No changes made..

+>18:06:36 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.11 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86 ANSI)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>18:06:36 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.12.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\auExtensionwrite.au3" /out "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\auExtensionwrite.exe" /comp 2 /pack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

!>18:06:50 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build.rc:9999

+>18:06:50 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 23.994

Anyone have a clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Note: I am using a dell optiplex with windows xp pro using service pack 2

No avg, and windows defender is installed but I have told it to turn off real time protection.

Are you using the beta version?

do you run into this problem when using ANSI to complile your script?

does your script run correctly when using scite?

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.

Are you using the beta version?

do you run into this problem when using ANSI to complile your script?

does your script run correctly when using scite?

I am using what is on the downloads page. I selected the download au3 and for scite I chose the first installer package. I do not believe I am using the beta. My program's list tells me that I am using autoit 3.2.12.1

I have encountered the same problem using ansi, but I did get one VERY simple script to compile and go.( a message box). if I don't do ansi no go at all so far.

script works fine before I compile it.

I am using what is on the downloads page. I selected the download au3 and for scite I chose the first installer package. I do not believe I am using the beta. My program's list tells me that I am using autoit 3.2.12.1

I have encountered the same problem using ansi, but I did get one VERY simple script to compile and go.( a message box). if I don't do ansi no go at all so far.

script works fine before I compile it.

i suggest you download and install the beta (requires the alpha) and try again as other reasons for this not working may be nebulus

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.

ok, I got the beta. used the beta. Bad Joss.

same thing. Maby this will help someone with more wisdom than I. When I tell the file to compile I also get a message that pops up. The caption says "Aut2Exe Error", it has an icon consisting of a red circle with a white x in it. and contains the text:

"Error: Error opening the destination file"

I do have a something on my desktop as the result of the compiler's work, and it is labeled as it should be. But it does not work.

I just tried to click on the executable icon and it poped up the same message I recieved during the compile. Then it promptly disapeared.

is taken from scite's report of activities. Does this not mean for some reason the compiler is not right? Perhaps I could get things going by getting a new compiler? Any sugestions?

I don't know why, but I found that I could make it work for me by using a new spot as suggested. I make a new directory c: and have been compiling working exe files at whim. these files work back on the desktop like they are supposed to. I will have to check into NTFS and file sharing. Both these are new topics for me.

Thank you all for the help. I do appreciate your time and effort.