Drag controls for a GUI only on top/bottom?

Achilles

I made a GUI that I only want the user to resize from the top and from the bottom. I figured out how to lock the position but can't figure out how to get rid of the mouse cursor that says you can resize. This is how I'm locking it:

Func WM_GETMINMAXINFO($hWnd, $MsgID, $wParam, $lParam)
    #forceref $MsgID, $wParam
    If $hWnd = $mainGUI Then; the main GUI-limited
        Local $size = WinGetPos($mainGUI);

Local $minmaxinfo = DllStructCreate("int;int;int;int;int;int;int;int;int;int", $lParam)
        DllStructSetData($minmaxinfo, 9, 773); max X
        DllStructSetData($minmaxinfo, 7, 773); min width
        DllStructSetData($minmaxinfo, 8, 500); min height
        Return 0
    Else
        Return 0
   EndIf
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

I've not tried, but could you use the MouseGetCursor() with a condition and _WinAPI_SetCursor() to overide the default cursor on resize?

Where would that be thought? I don't really want a loop checking every 50ms to see if the window is being resized... Another GUIRegister thing? I'll check on that now.

WM_SETCURSOR might look like what I want. I don't know how to register the msg code and that though..

Edited by Achilles
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Where would that be thought? I don't really want a loop checking every 50ms to see if the window is being resized... Another GUIRegister thing? I'll check on that now.

WM_SETCURSOR might look like what I want. I don't know how to register the msg code and that though..

Example

#include 
#include 
Const $GWL_WNDPROC = -4
$g1 = GUICreate("Form1", 633, 441, 193, 133, BitOR($WS_MINIMIZEBOX,$WS_SIZEBOX,$WS_THICKFRAME,$WS_SYSMENU,$WS_CAPTION,$WS_POPUP,$WS_POPUPWINDOW,$WS_GROUP,$WS_BORDER,$WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Global $wProcNew
$wProcNew = DllCallbackRegister("_MyWindowProc", "ptr", "hwnd;uint;long;ptr")
Global $wProcOld
$wProcOld = _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($g1, $GWL_WNDPROC, DllCallbackGetPtr($wProcNew))
guisetcursor(2)
while 1
    if GUIGetMsg() = -3 then exit
WEnd

Func _MyWindowProc($hWnd, $uiMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

If $uiMsg = $WM_SETCURSOR Then
        $wp = WinGetPos($g1)
        $mp = MouseGetPos()
        if $mp[0]  $wp[0] + $wp[2] - 20 Then
             GUISetCursor(2)
         Return 1
        EndIf
    EndIf

;pass the unhandled messages to default WindowProc
    Return _CallWindowProc($wProcOld, $hWnd, $uiMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
EndFunc;==>_MyWindowProc

Func _CallWindowProc($lpPrevWndFunc, $hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $aRet = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'CallWindowProc', 'int_ptr', $lpPrevWndFunc, 'hwnd', $hWnd, 'uint', $Msg, 'wparam', $wParam, 'lparam', $lParam)
    Return $aRet[0]

You will still need to lock the width as you were doing because the sides can still be dragged even though the cursor doesn't change.

EDIT:

See better answer from rasim below

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Example

#include <windowsconstants.au3>
#include <winapi.au3>
Const $GWL_WNDPROC = -4
$g1 = GUICreate("Form1", 633, 441, 193, 133, BitOR($WS_MINIMIZEBOX,$WS_SIZEBOX,$WS_THICKFRAME,$WS_SYSMENU,$WS_CAPTION,$WS_POPUP,$WS_POPUPWINDOW,$WS_GROUP,$WS_BORDER,$WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Global $wProcNew
$wProcNew = DllCallbackRegister("_MyWindowProc", "ptr", "hwnd;uint;long;ptr")
Global $wProcOld
$wProcOld = _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($g1, $GWL_WNDPROC, DllCallbackGetPtr($wProcNew))
guisetcursor(2)
while 1
    if GUIGetMsg() = -3 then exit
WEnd

Func _MyWindowProc($hWnd, $uiMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

If $uiMsg = $WM_SETCURSOR Then
        $wp = WinGetPos($g1)
        $mp = MouseGetPos()
        if $mp[0] < $wp[0] + 20 or $mp[0] > $wp[0] + $wp[2] - 20 Then
             GUISetCursor(2)
         Return 1
        EndIf
    EndIf

;pass the unhandled messages to default WindowProc
    Return _CallWindowProc($wProcOld, $hWnd, $uiMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
EndFunc;==>_MyWindowProc

Func _CallWindowProc($lpPrevWndFunc, $hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $aRet = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'CallWindowProc', 'int_ptr', $lpPrevWndFunc, 'hwnd', $hWnd, 'uint', $Msg, 'wparam', $wParam, 'lparam', $lParam)
    Return $aRet[0]

You will still need to lock the width as you were doing because the sides can still be dragged even though the cursor doesn't change.

That works great. Thanks martin

That works great. Thanks martin

That's ok.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Example

Sorry, but i not understand, why need to subclassing main window :P

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Const $GWL_WNDPROC = -4

$Style = BitOR($WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_THICKFRAME, $WS_SYSMENU, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, _
               $WS_GROUP, $WS_BORDER, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)

$g1 = GUICreate("Form1", 633, 441, 193, 133, $Style)

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SETCURSOR, "WM_SETCURSOR")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Func WM_SETCURSOR($hWnd, $uiMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $iHit = BitAND($lParam, 0xFFFF) ;Low-order

If ($iHit = 10) Or ($iHit = 11) Or ($iHit = 13) Or ($iHit = 14) Or ($iHit = 16) Or ($iHit = 17) Then Return 1
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>WM_SETCURSOR

Const $GWL_WNDPROC = -4

$Style = BitOR($WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_THICKFRAME, $WS_SYSMENU, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, _

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Do

If ($iHit = 10) Or ($iHit = 11) Or ($iHit = 13) Or ($iHit = 14) Or ($iHit = 16) Or ($iHit = 17) Then Return 1
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
Thanks rasim, that was silly of me. I used an example I had for an edit and changed it to suit the gui without thinking.

Even so I didn't know about the hit-test which is obviously a much better way to decide what to do. (I must stay in and read more.)

Thanks rasim, that was silly of me. I used an example I had for an edit and changed it to suit the gui without thinking.

Even so I didn't know about the hit-test which is obviously a much better way to decide what to do. (I must stay in and read more.)

OK! Anyway you - guru, i`m - noob. :P

Const $GWL_WNDPROC = -4

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Do

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
Thanks for that.. It saves the need of having two global variables and is easier to use...