Select Control from point in window

Kairu

Ok, I am trying to use firefox for a web script. I know its not the best choice, but the page I am using does not have any names or ID's, and I had already scripted the entire thing for firefox. So, I have everything down, except selecting the proper classnameNN, because firefox seems to have different ones depending on which order it has been opened in.

I want to be able to find the class name for a specific x and y axes on the window, or even see all the class names for that window, because firefox seems to have pretty specific numbers used for its interface, and anything else is the webpage display.

Anyone have any ideas? I couldn't find anything scrounging through the help files or google.

Ok, I am trying to use firefox for a web script. I know its not the best choice, but the page I am using does not have any names or ID's, and I had already scripted the entire thing for firefox. So, I have everything down, except selecting the proper classnameNN, because firefox seems to have different ones depending on which order it has been opened in.

I want to be able to find the class name for a specific x and y axes on the window, or even see all the class names for that window, because firefox seems to have pretty specific numbers used for its interface, and anything else is the webpage display.

Anyone have any ideas? I couldn't find anything scrounging through the help files or google.

Search for

windowfrompoint

childwindowfrompoint

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

The first says it returns the handle (Which I have already) but I need the ClassnameNN of the area which the pixel is.

I cant make my script work all the time, because the instance number changes depending upon a few different reasons. I am using one of the two I see most often at the moment, but I want it to work all the time. So I need the ClassnameNN.

The first says it returns the handle (Which I have already) but I need the ClassnameNN of the area which the pixel is.

I cant make my script work all the time, because the instance number changes depending upon a few different reasons. I am using one of the two I see most often at the moment, but I want it to work all the time. So I need the ClassnameNN.

The ChildWindowFromPoint returns the handle for the control at that point if there is one.

GetDlgCtrlID will get the ID of the control from the handle.

GetClassName will get the class name from the handle (I think).

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

ChildWindowFromPoint Aparently does not exsist in autoit.

WinGetClassName does not exsist either..... Closest thing is WinGetClassList and it does not display the instance numbers.

What I really want to do is mimic the ClassNameNN field which is shown in Autoit Window Info one way or another.

I'd love it if it could be found out while the window is hidden but it is not necessary.

Is there no way to get this?

ChildWindowFromPoint Aparently does not exsist in autoit.

WinGetClassName does not exsist either..... Closest thing is WinGetClassList and it does not display the instance numbers.

What I really want to do is mimic the ClassNameNN field which is shown in Autoit Window Info one way or another.

I'd love it if it could be found out while the window is hidden but it is not necessary.

Is there no way to get this?

The functions I referred to are Windows API functions not AutoIt functions. If you search the forum and google you should find something.