Handy menu for minimalists

sulfurious

Greetings.

I am fanatic minimalist. I have very fast computer with as little resources used under xpsp2 as possible. I hate bloat. I have been using this for some time now. It seems to work with no problems.

It is compiled. I am not sharing the source. Sorry. You can choose to try it if you wish to. There are a few text files that explain much and 2 executables.

I am thinking maybe someone else can find it useful, or maybe find a bug or a feature that is missing.

This is a no-nonsense application. Nothing fancy, just very quick and useful menu for use in xp that is faster than a standard context menu, spawnable from a hotkey of your choise (sort of), and that can launch about anything. It has network disabling/enabling features. Laid out via an .ini file for your tweaking pleasure. Includes methods to drag and drop .exe's so all you have to do is give menu title. Also created a Build feature, so you can pre-load a different .ini with your stuff and it will go look for it in program files.

Eh, see what you think. Run it in vmWare or the like if you are paranoid. Or sandboxie, whatever. If one of you mvp's or the like try it, post up that it is all ok so there is no fear lol.

SG_Menu_v.3.1.7z

EDIT: here is the menu builder with the opt to show debug line in tray.

SG_Menu_Build.rar

Sul.

Edited by sulfurious

• 1 month later...

Very nice, you've actually inspired me to re-design my current scipt (AppLauncherTRAY, see my sig) to make mine less cluttered. *bows*

My scripts:AppLauncherTRAY - Awesome app launcher that runs from the system tray NEW VERSION! | Run Length Encoding - VERY simple compression in pure autoit | Simple Minesweeper Game - Fun little game :)My website

for me, with "the initial build and the resulting menu" as said in the readme.

I don't know. Haven't seen it before. I attached a newly compiled set of .exe's with ver 3.2.12.1 of AutoIt. Maybe that will cure it. If it still does this on XP let me know and I will write in some kind of debug routine maybe.

Sul.

Same error with the new exe, running on a XP pro SP2.

I assume the error is in the menu build.exe. I got permission to include a debug output to the tray icon for that part. However, if the error is in the menu.exe, I will not be allowed to do that. So hopefully the issue is in the menu builder :)

I have ran this on many xp computers and have not seen that error. Let me know what line it shows in the tray when it happens again. I am interested to know.

Sul.