I'd like to have edit control cursor at page bottom after every SetData

sshrum

I'm sending my debugging statements to the Edit control but noticed that it is not moving with the new input and therefore I don't see the latest input (without manually scrolling).

Is there a way to have the control go to CTRL-{END} (bottom) without having to focus on the gui and sending the keystrokes?

Sean Shrum :: http://www.shrum.net

All my published AU3-based apps and utilities

'Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot'

I'm sending my debugging statements to the Edit control but noticed that it is not moving with the new input and therefore I don't see the latest input (without manually scrolling).

Is there a way to have the control go to CTRL-{END} (bottom) without having to focus on the gui and sending the keystrokes?

Use _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText (from GuiEdit.au3) to add your text and then the cursor will moved be to the end.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Another solution:

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiEdit.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 300, 200)

$edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 10, 10, 280, 180, BitOR($ES_WANTRETURN, $WS_VSCROLL, $WS_HSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL, $ES_MULTILINE))

$read = FileRead(@WindowsDir & "\Help\Tours\mmTour\intro.txt")

GUICtrlSetData(-1, $read)

GUISetState()

$LineCount = _GUICtrlEdit_GetLineCount($edit)

_GUICtrlEdit_LineScroll($edit, 0, $LineCount)

_GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($edit, -1, 0)

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3
:P