Can I run an autoit exe file from C# code?

I am new to AutoIt ..... just came across this yesterday, downloaded it and have been fiddling around with it. It is awesome ... and free !! Wow !! Great stuff, folks ... and so much discussion and utilities based on this. Amazing.

I am wondering if I can use an autoit script (or an autoit exe) to be executed from a Csharp (C#) file.

My requirement is slightly complex ... my C# program navigates to a particular webpage ... after which I want to use some predefined navigation like 12 TABs, 1 DOWN, etc (which are easily programmable in Autoit). At one point, when I click submit, I want the control back to come to the C# program.

Is this simple or too complicated? Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks once again for a great tool.

I am new to AutoIt ..... just came across this yesterday, downloaded it and have been fiddling around with it. It is awesome ... and free !! Wow !! Great stuff, folks ... and so much discussion and utilities based on this. Amazing.

I am wondering if I can use an autoit script (or an autoit exe) to be executed from a Csharp (C#) file.

My requirement is slightly complex ... my C# program navigates to a particular webpage ... after which I want to use some predefined navigation like 12 TABs, 1 DOWN, etc (which are easily programmable in Autoit). At one point, when I click submit, I want the control back to come to the C# program.

Is this simple or too complicated? Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks once again for a great tool.

There is an ActiveX implementation called AutoItX, with its own forum. It's included in the full download of AutoIt.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law