Q about server scheduled task

Folks:

Four years ago, we had delivered a solution witrh AutoIt that required a server-scheduled task (on Windows 2003) to be run. At that time, we noticed that a server scheduled task could not recognize a window easily. Our solution was to have the server inititiate a remote-desktop call to itself for the AutoIt script to run and properly recognize other windows to operate.

Now, we are enhancing our previous design. Is there still a difficulty for AutoIt to recognize other windows as a server-scheduled task? Are there any other work-arounds? Is there a simpler approach?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

John Collis

Hi.

Is there still a difficulty for AutoIt to recognize other windows as a server-scheduled task?

It looks like. For a customer I coded few weeks ago a script, that works fine to click yes (Oracle Shared Memory Server: "Clear....?"), but doesn't, when scheduled using AT with "interactive", logon as the same user account the console is logged on.

I couldn't analyze this in detail, as the work around the customer was given by BAAN was to *first* clear all active connections (server side), and then to stop the ora shared mem service. Then this doesn't show up.

So I suspect, that an AT scheduled autoitscript (maybe *ANY* AT scheduled program) has no access to the current console GUI(?) ...

The next thing I wanted to do (but couldn't, as this workaround works) would have been to write all windows found to a txt file, then processes etc. to check in detail, what an AT scheduled script can interact with, or maybe not :P

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

@Rudi

Good to see there are still BAAN users around :P

You feel like their number is going down and down? :P

Well, that customer just sorted out all the trouble doing the last release update.

The next one will be postponed as long as possible now - and might be BAAN -> SAP, roumors tell so :o

Regards, Rudi.

--

SAP: They don't have customers, they have slaves...

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!