Windows System Information Utility

HeidiR

Hello All,

Just wanted to post my sample Windows System Information Utility to the group and ask for comments. I am fairly new to AutoIt but have found the language to be very powerful. Any feedback welcome.

Note: Press F1 in the utility for additional information.

The latest build can be found at the following link:

http://autoit.netfirms.com/public/

Enjoy!

HeidiR

Edited by HeidiR
HeidiRFind free applications, code examples and more on my site at:http://heidisdownloads.com/

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello All,

Just wanted to post my sample Windows System Information Utility to the group and ask for comments. I am fairly new to AutoIt but have found the language to be very powerful. Any feedback welcome.

Note: Press F1 in the utility for additional information.

Thanks

HeidiR

Are you providing the source?

Hi.

If you could load source, I would appreciate it. I often learn code from useful ideas. Source would also be useful to troubleshoot. I have an error, as you can see, screenshot attached.

post-238-1218584223_thumb.jpg

Edited by gw_1966

CheersGrant

Please don't push the OP into releasing source. It is the OPs choice, and ONLY the OPs choice to whether it is released. Please read this for more information on the subject.

Cheers,

Brett

i got error in XP PC

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded. :P

-= [font="Verdana"]A Men Who believes in himself and not circumstances is the real Winner =-[/font]

Did the author even bother encrypting it or anything? Maybe they didn't care. I am getting the same error the rest of you are on the "User Account" information. It's like it's trying to ready a variable from an array and crashes.

@realkiller

I would not do this anymore, if I where you !!

You are realy spoiling things.

regards,

ptrex

@realkiller

One word: WHY?

I'm not going to condemn your action here - there will be plently of that coming from others in the forum - I just want to know why you did it.

• Developers

@realkiller

One word: WHY?

I'm not going to condemn your action here - there will be plently of that coming from others in the forum - I just want to know why you did it.

Well we are condemning this behaviour on these forums as it is unacceptable!

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the User Account bug. It have corrected a bug that caused an error on systems with more then 10 user accounts. I have also increased the limit to 20 user accounts. If you have more, only the first 20 will be returned. (20 seems like a lot of user ids for one machine :-)).

I have attached the new build.

BTW, as I mentioned in my original post, I am new to AutoIt. I didn't realize that the exe could be reverse engineered to get to the source. If I may have misinterpreted the replies above, please advise. However, if reverse engineering is possible, this should be included in the help doc somewhere if not already in there. I would be glad to provide assistance and code snipits to anyone that asks via the regular support forums.

Enjoy!

Edited by HeidiR
HeidiRFind free applications, code examples and more on my site at:http://heidisdownloads.com/

Well we are condemning this behaviour on these forums as it is unacceptable!

Jos

For the record: I'm totally against such behaviour - I just chose not to make an issue out of it here in this instance.. Just in case the meaning isn't clear to people passing through..

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. I have added windows resizing capability to the latest build. Note that the window will display normally on a laptop displays as small as 14" as long as the resolution is at least 1024 x 768. Otherwise, some columns may need to be manually resized in order to see all the data.

I have attached the new build.

Enjoy!

Edited by HeidiR