IMDB & Poster Grabber v1.3

Datenshi

IMDB & Poster Grabber v1.3

No longer an active project, but source might be useful

Posted Image

IMDB & Poster Grabber scans your movie folders recursively for video files and takes the foldername, filters the folder through a file containing \"bad words\" such as commonly used \"DVDRip\" or \"XviD\". Its very easy to add your own \"bad words\" to the filter, just add it to the text file in Scriptdir. Its fully automated so there\'s no need for user input during the scan, If selected it goes on and downloads the information from IMDB and stores it in the movie folder as \"imdbinfo.txt\" also optionally it downloads the poster from \"impawards\" and stores it as \"folder.jpg\". If imdbinfo.txt and/or Folder.jpg already exist it skips that movie, it also handles CD1/CD2 folders inside the actual movie folder(movie name). I plan on doing further development on it but need some testing and feedback.

Important to note is:

The Grabber handles opening directly the movie folder, for example \"C:\\movie\\Bee.Movie.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND\\\" in SINGLE mode, else scan \"C:\\movie\\\" for MULTIi(Batch) mode.

It does not matter if the folders contain \"CD1\" and \"CD2\" folders.

• Make sure your video file is inside a folder with the movie name
  • Dont open CD1 or CD2 folders inside the movie folder(no need)
  • Add 1 Bad word per line in filterwords.txt, you\'ll see how in the file
I\'ll supply both the executable as well as the source for the doubters/feedbackers :P

Credit: also goes out to Danwilli for his ImdblookUp.au3 script which helped me a lot.

ChangeLog:

v1.3 :

Fixed a couple of bugs, for example if you already had folder.jpg and choose to download the XL it was ignored.

Fixed IMDB link parsing for impawards(regexp).

Added handling of errors for example if movie wasnt found on imdb.

Added option of Popular/Exact imdb title matching.

Added when impawards.com dont have the poster, it tries to get the slightly smaller one from Motechposters.com.

Added to the Filterwords.txt.

Added support for .mpg/.mpeg/.wmv

Added ImdbLink to the imdbinfo file output.

Changed code to make it more efficent should be slighty faster now.

Changed file extension of imdbinfo, from .txt to .nfo.

--------------------------

v1.2 :

Added support for .mkv/.mp4/.ts

Added to Filterwords.txt to support words used in HD releases

--------------------------

v1.1 :

Added an option to download the extra large Posters from Impawards.com

source.rarAll included for self compile - v1.3

Edited by Datenshi

got error :P

CODE
>Running:(3.2.11.0):P:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "E:\IMDB_Poster_Grabber.au3"

E:\IMDB_Poster_Grabber.au3 (305) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:

Return $link[0]

Return $link^ ERROR

->09:15:22 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1

>Exit code: 1 Time: 295.603

Edited by jpam

got error :P

CODE
>Running:(3.2.11.0):P:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "E:\IMDB_Poster_Grabber.au3"

E:\IMDB_Poster_Grabber.au3 (305) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:

Return $link[0]

Return $link^ ERROR

->09:15:22 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1

>Exit code: 1 Time: 295.603

Something went wrong during the IMDB link grabbing, Did you do a Multi scan or Single? if possible i would like the foldername which you where trying to grab so that i can try it myself

Nice program... It worked for me and some movies.

It gave a little error on movies with a ' in it.. like Fool's Gold etc.

Perhaps you could look @ that.

And perhaps you could put in the extra function for downloading the BIG poster and not just the small one! And/or download ALL the posters which the movie has?!

Nice work, and keep it on! Defenitly gonna use this one...

*edit: How to do this... and for a little example, you could look @ Big_daddys cd/dvd cover searcher: CDcovers.cc

Greetz,

Neo

Edited by NeoFoX

[center][font="Arial"]--- The Neo and Only --- [/font][font="Arial"]--Projects---[/font]Image to Text converterText to ASCII converter[/center]

Nice program... It worked for me and some movies.

It gave a little error on movies with a ' in it.. like Fool's Gold etc.

Perhaps you could look @ that.

And perhaps you could put in the extra function for downloading the BIG poster and not just the small one! And/or download ALL the posters which the movie has?!

Nice work, and keep it on! Defenitly gonna use this one...

*edit: How to do this... and for a little example, you could look @ Big_daddys cd/dvd cover searcher: CDcovers.cc

Greetz,

Neo

I'm glad you liked it, I will look into the Fool's Gold problem too. Im not sure though what you mean with "big posters", the current poster is the biggest one as far as i know on ImpAwards.com, that's where it downloads it. Tell me if im wrong but did you mean the big Front+Back covers which you can get at CDcovers.cc ? Cause i searched that site for Fool's Gold and ended up with a huge picture with Front+Back cover. Big_daddys cd/dvd cover searcher didn't really work that well for me, doesn't surprise me though since it hasn't been updated since late 2007 and CDcovers.cc probably changed their design since then.

I haven't had the time yet but from the looks of it i would think it'll take quite some code to parse Cdcovers.cc to get that front+back cover, also..it might be needed to manually select options for each movie as in Big_daddys software. And that i would think isn't desirable to the end user since part of this scripts beauty is that its fully automated after the initial selection of options.

Ill also look into the option of downloading all the posters at Impawards.com.

Well... I didn't meand you had to use cdcovers.cc :P but something like IT: so you can use which poster (in big_daddy's: front/back/cd1/cd2....) so you can chose which poster you want to dowload.

And the option to download al the pictures would be nice.

The point about the big-posters, you can't see the difference between these two: THIS one... you download and the one which is this one THE BIG ONE

The only difference is the .jpg and the _xlg.jpg :P

Greetz,

Neo

[center][font="Arial"]--- The Neo and Only --- [/font][font="Arial"]--Projects---[/font]Image to Text converterText to ASCII converter[/center]

I was unable to recreate the ' problem in Fool's Gold, tried "Fool's.Gold.REPACK.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND", "Fool's Gold" and "Fool's Gold (2008)" they all worked for me. There is a StringReplace for that character in the code so as to not break the imdbsearch. Very Odd

I understand that you wrote this script to satisfy *your* needs, but I was wondering

if you ever gave it some thought to what happens when you have ALL your movies in a single directory?

Instead of creating a folder.jpg in each directory, would it be difficult to have an image file with the movie?

So something like "Jumper (2007).mkv" would have a poster file "Jumper (2007).jpg".

Is it true you only search for .avi files? Could it also search for .mpg, .mkv, .ts, .m2ts, .mp4 files?

I understand that you wrote this script to satisfy *your* needs, but I was wondering

if you ever gave it some thought to what happens when you have ALL your movies in a single directory?

Instead of creating a folder.jpg in each directory, would it be difficult to have an image file with the movie?

So something like "Jumper (2007).mkv" would have a poster file "Jumper (2007).jpg".

Is it true you only search for .avi files? Could it also search for .mpg, .mkv, .ts, .m2ts, .mp4 files?

You bring up good points, and yes i have thought about what would happen if i allowed for scanning folders containing multiple .avi files for different movies. And the problem with that is that most people dont name these files correctly, for example as the script works now it takes the actual movie name from the folder it resides in, that eliminates in my opinion the annoying task of having to rename every single avi file to the movie name. Also original scene released movies all have somewhat cryptic .avi filenames.

I have been thinking of allowing the end user to choose the output filename for the Poster, I will probably add the choice of "folder.jpg", "themoviename.jpg" or free input.

It is true that atm it only scans for .avi files, i plan on supporting more file containers in the future. Its still pretty early in this scripts development :P

I would like to add that the main purpose of this program is an efficient automatic way for getting the poster and imdb information. And its developed mainly towards original scene released warez. There are many tools out there which handles properly named folders and filenames without a problem, but that requires people to rename their folders and/or files correctly if they want it automated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...