MUICache

Who knows about this registry entry? Is it wise to make my script detect/AND RELY on if an application exists by looking it up in this registry? Is an application automatically registered in this registry, or does it have to be run first? Do entries get deleted from this registry WITHOUT the application itself being deleted...like some maintenance/clean/tune up process?

Thanks.

Who knows about this registry entry?

Ehmm, it's not very documented...so not many.

Is it wise to make my script detect/AND RELY on if an application exists by looking it up in this registry?

Not really. Entries can exists even if the applcation doesn't anymore (or can be added manually even if the application never existed).

Is an application automatically registered in this registry, or does it have to be run first?

When a new .exe is ran it usually gets an entry in the MUIcache if there isn't on already...least as far as I know.

Do entries get deleted from this registry WITHOUT the application itself being deleted...like some maintenance/clean/tune up process?

They can be deleted. I don't know at what point if any the system automatically does this though.

Also...what does this have to do with AutoIt (why are you asking it in general support?)...?

edit: some links for you-

http://windowsir.blogspot.com/2005/12/myst...achesolved.html

http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/lofivers...php/t11895.html

Edited by evilertoaster

Thanks, I actually came across those pages already too, just looking here for more and clearer/concise answers/conclusions; I guess I'll just stay away from it for what I was thinking. I was asking it here because I was thinking of implementing it within a script.