New Software Ideas

I have a number of software ideas to follow in separate responses to this introductory post. Please post your ideas, or comments on mine. If you know where something descibed already exist, please let me know!

I think a couple of these could be done with scripts.

Edited by Amerigo

Anyone who does not wonder is either omniscient or foolish.

I am looking for a program that will play music files and/or stream music (internet radio) that will also use TTS to announce the name and artist of the song about to be played.

Could RH do this in conjuction with an existing player?

I want a LCARS operating system. ~not a windows cover up!

Speech input/output a must.

The ideal LCARS OS would assimilate the functions of new software from disks or downloads rather than actually installing them. This would eliminate software conflicts and maintain the LCARS look and functionality.

This OS should also have malware/antivirus protection built-in (like Windows should have a decade ago!) It would, of course, be initially impervious to attacks until it becomes a target.

No need for RH here.... The functions of RH would be the heart and soul of this O/S.

Here is a program I created (in part) on the Apple IIgs in Applebasic. Yes, I still have one.

Anyway, I call it "Intimate Fun"

Basically, you put in the number of users, and a brief profile of each such as name, sex, preferences, etc.

Ideally, the program would then go full screen with a romantic, color changing, mood lighting, and perhaps a little soft music.

Then using the provided personal data and built-in lists of body parts, actions, and tools/toys; randomly generate commands to be displayed on the screen and spoken with TTS.

A sample output could be like:

"Player(M) "+"verb "+"Player(F)'s "+"body part "+"with a "+"object".

A sentence might resemble something like this:

(Male) tickle (female)'s belly with a feather.

Or something silly like:

(Female) rub (male)'s hair with your knee.

There should be choices in the program options as well as personal preferences as to how extreme the program can get ---from "first date" to "whips and chains" or whatever folks are into these days.

I could do this (minus the background and music) with RH if I knew how to make a random generator in a script and how to make it get input from text lists. That's how I did it in Applebasic. The lists were in text files.

Depending on the content of the lists, this program could be an innocent children's game, or anything. Just edit the associated text files.

Wallpaper changer...

I have searched long and hard for a wallpaper changer and found many, ...BUT not a single one that will handle multiple screens. Thanks to nVidia, I have different (LCARS) wallpapers on each of 3 screens, but I want them to randomly change periodically.

Text to Speech Reader...

Yes, there are many of these, but I want one that will:

Analyze a story before reading it

Set up a 'cast of characters' with profiles as deduced

from the context of the story.

Assign appropriate voices to each.

Read the story with a narrator voice, but changing voices for character dialogs.

It MUST also pay attention to how the character is speaking... No, hum drum monotone when Susan whispered, "............", or Nancy screamed, "........!"

There is/was a Macintosh program that would read in different character voices, but only after you manually altered the entire story to a script. It never made it to a Windows format.

Analyze a story before reading it

Set up a 'cast of characters' with profiles as deduced

from the context of the story.

Assign appropriate voices to each.

Read the story with a narrator voice, but changing voices for character dialogs.

It MUST also pay attention to how the character is speaking... No, hum drum monotone when Susan whispered, "............", or Nancy screamed, "........!"

Also, while"Analyze a story before reading it" sounds like a simple enough thing to do, it's one of the most vexing and complex goals in AI. Context and story and all the various concepts that comprise even a simple short story are amazingly hard to generalize into a manner usable by a computer.

You'd have to create a tagged script for each and every book you wanted read.