Filler Code?

Ok, So I made a very Basic SendKey function and I made about say 10 of them.

Now I can Compile and everything ok, now What I need to know is What is the filler code used like the #includes

Our IT dept is scarce on certain codes, and my code I showed them, say's it's ok, but the other code from ScITE is way different and compressed of course. There were like 8 .dll files called, and some XML from the UPX compiler...

All "official" includes can be found in your AutoIt_installation_folder\Include

Well Yes I know this, Though My question is, When I compile my Code, what else is being added to the source? Any other includes? or is it just the UPX Compression, and Autoit XML? Or is other Includes being added in to make my script work? Remember all I did was make a few HotKey Send Commands that's it, but when we ScITe it, there is .dll's and some autoit XML codes being done... Unfortunatly, I cannot get SS at this time

• Moderators

Well Yes I know this, Though My question is, When I compile my Code, what else is being added to the source? Any other includes? or is it just the UPX Compression, and Autoit XML? Or is other Includes being added in to make my script work? Remember all I did was make a few HotKey Send Commands that's it, but when we ScITe it, there is .dll's and some autoit XML codes being done... Unfortunatly, I cannot get SS at this time

AutoIt is an interpreted language, the script itself is put into the stub executable witch is 4 or 500 kbs in size. The stub executable reads your script and executes the command.

Edit:

From that, I'm sure there are many dll calls that you did not initiate, just to make your script work as written.

No other includes other than what you include yourself and what the stub executable uses are included.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

AutoIt is an interpreted language, the script itself is put into the stub executable witch is 4 or 500 kbs in size. The stub executable reads your script and executes the command.

Edit:

From that, I'm sure there are many dll calls that you did not initiate, just to make your script work as written.

No other includes other than what you include yourself and what the stub executable uses are included.

Hey Smoke, lol your really smart with AutoIt. I was wondering, do you help/helped create AutoIt or do you just moderate these forums? Edited by Alienware

• Moderators

Hey Smoke, lol your really smart with AutoIt. I was wondering, do you help/helped create AutoIt or do you just moderate these forums?

Hey swift, you got a reprieve from the governor, let's not push your luck with stupid ass questions like this.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hey swift, you got a reprieve from the governor, let's not push your luck with stupid ass questions like this.

Sorry. I seriously didn't know that question. Whatever, forget I asked... Edited by Alienware

• Moderators

Sorry. I seriously didn't know that question. Whatever, forget I asked...

Well, use a bit of common sense. Do you see "Developer" in my title? The developers have all the moderating options as well as having access to areas I don't.

Well, use a bit of common sense. Do you see "Developer" in my title? The developers have all the moderating options as well as having access to areas I don't.

Gary had a Moderator thingy, before, and then he was changed to a developer. Thanks for the answer though. Edited by Alienware