Press Enter Key...

Hi guys,

I'm very new to AutoIt and would like to automate the task since its repetitive. Here's the details.

We have a application that monitors a server and this executable is running on a DOS prompt... The tool needs so much attention since from time to time we have to press Enter key in order for it to continue. BUT the tool is not user-friendly and there's no statement saying "Press Enter Key". Again we have to monitor it and press the Enter key. So that's the first question I have.

Next question that should be included in the script is that, afte the tool runs everything it needs to do the tool disappears (command prompt - DOS window). The question now how can I create a script knowing the window disappers (tool) so I can move to the next step after the tool disappear.

Please help guys... Thank you in advance :P

Regards,

Casper

1) Send("{Enter}")

2) WinWaitClose()

Does it mean I'll use a delay function just to have the correct timing to send the Enter key?

Is there a function that reads some text in the command prompt then this will be the time I'll push the Send("{Enter}") ?

Thanks!

Regards,

Casper

Does it mean I'll use a delay function just to have the correct timing to send the Enter key?

Is there a function that reads some text in the command prompt then this will be the time I'll push the Send("{Enter}") ?

Thanks!

Regards,

Casper

You may need to search the forum for how to interact with the command prompt.

You may need to search the forum for how to interact with the command prompt.

That is true, like I said Im a newbie and would appreciate if you could point me to those help files and resources on the net, I found one but looks but not sure if this one is the one your refering to

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/WinWaitClose.htm

Thanks for the help.