Make A DLL in autoit?

• Moderators

Is it possible?

Did you find any documentation on how to?

What did your search tell you? http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...highlite=%2BDLL

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I still dont know HOW to make the DLL., Im making a program in VB and instead of coding the AutoIt Script again, i just want to make a DLL. I have no background in DLL-making

Guess you didn't read the topics of the search I did for you. You can't make a DLL in AutoIt.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Developers

I still dont know HOW to make the DLL., Im making a program in VB and instead of coding the AutoIt Script again, i just want to make a DLL. I have no background in DLL-making

Could you run this by me again but this time slowly?

What is this desire of people wanting to create a DLL?

Use #Include to reuse code if that is what you are looking for.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Could you run this by me again but this time slowly?

What is this desire of people wanting to create a DLL?

Use #Include to reuse code if that is what you are looking for.

Jos

Sorry, i meant, instead of re-compiling the code, and adding it to my projects and stuf, because of VB not being a scripting language, i want to use the DLL's to add autoitscripting ability to my VB code. Regardless, I still want to know how to make a DLL in autoIt

• Moderators

Sorry, i meant, instead of re-compiling the code, and adding it to my projects and stuf, because of VB not being a scripting language, i want to use the DLL's to add autoitscripting ability to my VB code.

Have you looked at the ActiveX dll in your AutoIt directory? That's as close as you are going to get to being able to use AutoIt functions in another language through a DLL. Anything else you would have to compile to an executable and use command line parameters as dll function parameters.

Regardless, I still want to know how to make a DLL in autoIt

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=566209

• Developers

Use AutoIt3X.dll when you want to use the AutoIt3 functions in a VB program.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

thanx. Can you give me an example of how to call an autoit function from the DLL? I'm new to VB also, and This will b my first time using DLLs.

E.G.: how do i get the window title of the active window using a AutoIt3X.dll call?

Edited by Damastah

• Moderators

thanx. Can you give me an example of how to call an autoit function from the DLL? I'm new to VB also, and This will b my first time using DLLs.

E.G.: how do i get the window title of the active window using a AutoIt3X.dll call?

Read the autoit3x dll help file? Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoItX\AutoItX.chm