Wild Card...

Is there a way to have a wild card? Like if I wanted to make a script that deleted all folders beginning with "EX_*" (where * is a wild card, meaning that no matter what was after EX_, it would be deleted).

Where you would use it like this:

DirRemove("C:\Program Files\Example\EX_*")

Thanks! ;)

[s]Visit My Website[/s] (this isn't up 24/7). (SITE DOWN) This is now a HP MediaSmart site, I'm trying to get my server working the way I want it to.24/7 site (make sure you have noscript, sorry!): 24/7 [u]WARNING: MUST have NoScript so you can block quantserve/quantcast![/u] If you don't, the evil freewebs/webs/quantcast/quantserve/WHATEVER virus will get you![spoiler]Hey, look! It's a spoiler![/spoiler]Software: KeyPress, Advanced Calculator (not autoit), WUK (Windows Update Killer)my account over a year old : >... I do Linux.

depending on the OS you could call a command window and type the dos command for doing such a thing.

Example:

Send("{ctrldown}{esc}{ctrlup}");opens the start menu
send("rrr{enter}");highlights the run command on the start menu and hits enter
send("cmd{enter}");types the command for the command line prompt in windows xp and hits enter
send("cd \{enter}");brings the prompt to the root directory of c:
send("del C:\Program Files\Example\EX_*{enter}");delets the content you are talking about
sleep(30000);waits 30 seconds for the program to complete the deleting
send("!{f4}"};closes the command prompt window

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Is there a way to have a wild card? Like if I wanted to make a script that deleted all folders beginning with "EX_*" (where * is a wild card, meaning that no matter what was after EX_, it would be deleted).

Where you would use it like this:

DirRemove("C:\Program Files\Example\EX_*")

Thanks! ;)

Did you try it?

depending on the OS you could call a command window and type the dos command for doing such a thing.

Example:

Send("{ctrldown}{esc}{ctrlup}");opens the start menu
 send("rrr{enter}");highlights the run command on the start menu and hits enter
 send("cmd{enter}");types the command for the command line prompt in windows xp and hits enter
 send("cd \{enter}");brings the prompt to the root directory of c:
 send("del C:\Program Files\Example\EX_*{enter}");delets the content you are talking about
 sleep(30000);waits 30 seconds for the program to complete the deleting
 send("!{f4}"};closes the command prompt window
This is ridiculously complex.

RunWat(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'del "C:\Program Files\Example\EX_*"')

Did you try it?

Yeah, it doesn't work, just tried again at the time of this post to make sure.

[s]Visit My Website[/s] (this isn't up 24/7). (SITE DOWN) This is now a HP MediaSmart site, I'm trying to get my server working the way I want it to.24/7 site (make sure you have noscript, sorry!): 24/7 [u]WARNING: MUST have NoScript so you can block quantserve/quantcast![/u] If you don't, the evil freewebs/webs/quantcast/quantserve/WHATEVER virus will get you![spoiler]Hey, look! It's a spoiler![/spoiler]Software: KeyPress, Advanced Calculator (not autoit), WUK (Windows Update Killer)my account over a year old : >... I do Linux.