ScITE

Aesus

Somehow I can no longer get any kind of output in the output box of ScITE without running it as admin. (Running Vista X64). I've tried uninstalling everything AutoIt related while deleting any lingering files or registry entries i could find and reinstalling . I've never had a problem running the editor before, so I'm not really sure where to even begin to look for help. I'm just hoping someone has an idea how to fix this. ;)

I guess by "output box" you mean the "Output pane". If you just recently switched to using Vista x64, then either this is a bug, or you need somehow to get SciTe to run in a 32-bit environment - this is possible, I hear, in the 64-bit edition of Vista. You might best post this in the AutoIt "Bug Reports and Feature Requests" forum - that will sooner get you some testy expert coder's attention. This is the "General Help and Support" forum.

But welcome to the AutoIt forums - you're stuck with us all now, and for the rest of forever - so just get settled in.

Edit: Hey, I just thought of something you could do right away if you know the admin's password: Write a little program in AutoIt that uses the AutoIt internal function "RunAs" to launch SciTe under Administrator credentials. Don't compile the file and you can just put it on the desktop or in Quicklaunch because it would be smaller than a windows shortcut at < 60 bytes. To hide the password from most everyone, you could just compile it instead.

Edited by Squirrely1

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

Its funny because I've been using it for about 3 months on Vista x64 without any issues beyond the "#RequireAdmin" for IE related functions. I'm wondering if one of the recent Windows Updates killed the output pane or if it was something else. Does anyone know where the settings are stored. I know when i completely remove the program and then reinstall it, the same files that i was working on show up in the tabbed view on the top, so I'm wondering if the settings are being removed or not with program removal.

I really don't want to submit a bug report until i know for sure its a bug and not a stupid user problem, I'm sure the dev's have enough of those to sift through without adding more.

But welcome to the AutoIt forums - you're stuck with us all now, and for the rest of forever - so just get settled in.

Thank you ;)

• Developers

We are using a slightly modified version of the standard SciTE supplied by Neil Hodgson and I don't have any intention to make many changes to SciTE unless they come from Neils version.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the AutoIt3Wrapper.au3 file has the line "#RequireAdmin", but in the AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui.au3 file its commented out. I commented it out in the AutoIt3Wrapper.au3 file and compiled that and replaced the original and it seems to be working fine now. Also, it appears the config files i was looking for end up in the user's Vista equivalent of the documents and settings directory. BTW, I'm using the full version of ScITE (the separate download, not the lite version packaged with the AutoIt download).