Mouse position and touch screen

If I have a function based on if someone is touching the screen within a certain coordinate, and the mouse happens to be on the other side of the screen, can I still use mousegetpos()? Or will touching the screen at the position I want register where the mouse actually is....on the other side of the screen?

I think you answered my question, but to rephrase it; if I have a small box on the left side of the screen, and the mouse is on the right side of the screen, and my programming requires that I touch inside of the box, if I touch inside of the box will it register, or not because the mouse is on the other side of the screen? Does the mouse move fast enough to the other side of the screen for it to register the position where I want it, or will autoit fire and grab the position before it gets to the needed position?

For me the mouse is moved instantly and then pressed before it returns (if "anchor mouse" is on) so it should work.

I think it would be easiest if you made some simple script and tested it yourself.