KMP - Knight Media Player (Latest: beta .6)

Achilles

Well, I don't know if this is ready...

KMP focuses on what I view as the essentials of a media player. It has hotkeys and it is streamlined for efficiency in every way (or will be once I make a few more changes). It starts in less than a second and gives you instant access to all media files on your computer through an innovative design that removes the necessity of adding music to your library.

Some instructions:

• The top left listbox starts as your default music directory. You can double click any item to see what folders are in there. Each time you click an item on this list it will automatically update the listbox right next to with all .mp3 files inside of the given directory.
  • The next listbox, as stated above, contains the actual .mp3 files. Double click a single file or use the two buttons below the listbox to add music onto your "Now Playing" list.
  • Your "Now Playing" list is meant to be versatile, if you get bored of an artist or album simply clear the playlist and load what you want.
  • You can customize many features, view the options! The default color scheme is hideous compared to what you could make it!
I know of a few bugs, but if you don't find them then I won't fix them. No, jk, I'm working on them but most of them are small and you probably won't run into them (I think...)

Automatic updating is working (I hope) in a cheap way I threw together in 2 minutes so I'll make that better soon.

Without further rambling, download here and let me know what you think: DOWNLOAD HERE

I will only resource the main loop of this code as of now.

I'm really quite proud of it, it's very efficient and I think more people should make there main loops like it:

While 1
    Sleep(200)
WEnd
EVERYTHING is run off of events... 99% this program is it just sitting there... If you're playing a song it has a timer to update your seek status...

It works now!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh.. Thanks both of you. Since that's small I'll try to fix that quick sometime soon.

Edit: Ok, that's fixed (I can't test but I used the link you gave me...), KMP is still .5 though

Did you upload the newest one? cause i redownloaded and it still doesn't work.

Did you upload the newest one? cause i redownloaded and it still doesn't work.

Hmm, I think I might of actually deleted the include file that had the changes in it and then compiled the older one by accident. All I changed was this:

Func _GetExtProperty($sPath)
    Local $iExist, $sFile, $sDir, $oShellApp, $oDir, $oFile, $aProperty, $sProperty

$sFile = StringTrimLeft($sPath, StringInStr($sPath, "\", 0, -1))
    $sDir = StringTrimRight($sPath, (StringLen($sPath) - StringInStr($sPath, "\", 0, -1)))
    $oShellApp = ObjCreate("shell.application")
    $oDir = $oShellApp.NameSpace ($sDir)
    $oFile = $oDir.Parsename ($sFile)

Local $aProperty[10]
    $aProperty[0] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 0); File Name
    $aProperty[1] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 1); File Size
    $aProperty[2] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 2); File Type
    If @OSVersion = 'Win_Vista' then 
        $aProperty[3] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 13); Artist
        $aProperty[4] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 14); Album
        $aProperty[5] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 15); Year
        $aProperty[6] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 16); Genre
        $aProperty[7] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 21); Title
        $aProperty[8] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 26); Track Number
        $aProperty[9] = _Trim($oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 27));Duration
    Else 
        $aProperty[3] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 16); Artist
        $aProperty[4] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 17); Album
        $aProperty[5] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 18); Year
        $aProperty[6] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 20); Genre
        $aProperty[7] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 10); Title
        $aProperty[8] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 19); Track Number
        $aProperty[9] = _Trim($oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 21));Duration     
    EndIf

Return $aProperty
EndFunc;==>_GetExtProperty
Does this work for XP?

Edit: If this works I'll upload it again...

Edited by Achilles
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

I never heard of _Trim() so I commented that out and then all the names seemed to be at the right places.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

I never heard of _Trim() so I commented that out and then all the names seemed to be at the right places.

Ahh, I meant to remove that but forgot. It just takes the zeros off the length...

Ok, I uploaded it again. It should work now. The reason it wasn't working before was because the array must of been returning blank for title which, because of a condition I had, would of caused errors. Let me know if it works.

I also added an icon I had meant to originally release with it.

It's still version .5

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Ahh, I meant to remove that but forgot. It just takes the zeros off the length...

Ok, I uploaded it again. It should work now. The reason it wasn't working before was because the array must of been returning blank for title which, because of a condition I had, would of caused errors. Let me know if it works.

I also added an icon I had meant to originally release with it.

It's still version .5

It's still not possible to add or play anything ;) but I like the icon! ;)

PS. I uploaded my music player less than a minute ago, it would be fun to get your opinion about it :D

I just managed to run this on an english XP system and it works fine. Can anyone else confirm the errors AdmiralAlex is having? If so please list you OS, including its language. I've encountered a bug that's been going on in vista for awhile and apparently XP too, it seems to be crashing on exit... I'll look at that more soon.

Let me know if you have any comments or dislikes or suggestions or whatever.

I'm thinking of adding tabbed playlists and maybe video support.

Edit: Does anyone know how to get rid of the flicker when this is resized? (note, you can only resize it vertically)

Edited by Achilles

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this program has tons of changes. I was kind of discouraged at the lack of comments, but since this program is the program I use as my own media player, I kept optimizing it. I fixed a bunch of these and made if more efficient in several ways.

So now the newest beta is .6.

I will test this on an xp system as soon as possible, but I think it will work.

Nice, but i have an error (Array related) when i trying to add just one song ;)

And also we have no option to add songs from other drives than C:\, or we have?

P.S

The name KMP is already in use: KMP Player

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

Like this:

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ListViewConstants.au3>

$GUI = GUICreate("Test Script", 300, 200)

$ListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Column", 20, 40, 260, 120, BitOr($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_LISTVIEW, $LVS_NOCOLUMNHEADER))
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Arial")

For $i = 1 To 5
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item " & $i, $ListView)

If Mod($i, 2) Then GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFEEDD)
Next

GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 255)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $GUI)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

?

;)

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Nice, but i have an error (Array related) when i trying to add just one song ;)

And also we have no option to add songs from other drives than C:\, or we have?

P.S

The name KMP is already in use: KMP Player

Ugh, what os are you using? I'll work on adding the possibility of different drives. Now you could but it would be messy, you could go to options and change the default folder and then restart the program. But I'll make it easier...

Hmm... I'll think of a new name I guess..

Edit: Could you tell me if this function works for you files?

Func _GetExtProperty($sPath)
    Local $iExist, $sFile, $sDir, $oShellApp, $oDir, $oFile, $aProperty, $sProperty

$sFile = StringTrimLeft($sPath, StringInStr($sPath, "\", 0, -1))
    $sDir = StringTrimRight($sPath, (StringLen($sPath) - StringInStr($sPath, "\", 0, -1)))
    $oShellApp = ObjCreate("shell.application")
    $oDir = $oShellApp.NameSpace ($sDir)
    $oFile = $oDir.Parsename ($sFile)

Local $aProperty[10]
    $aProperty[0] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 0); File Name
    $aProperty[1] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 1); File Size
    $aProperty[2] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 2); File Type
    If @OSVersion = 'WIN_VISTA' then 
        $aProperty[3] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 13); Artist
        $aProperty[4] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 14); Album
        $aProperty[5] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 15); Year
        $aProperty[6] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 16); Genre
        $aProperty[7] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 21); Title
        $aProperty[8] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 26); Track Number
        $aProperty[9] = _Trim($oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 27));Duration
    Else 

$aProperty[3] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 16); Artist
        $aProperty[4] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 17); Album
        $aProperty[5] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 18); Year
        $aProperty[6] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 20); Genre
        $aProperty[7] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 10); Title
        $aProperty[8] = $oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 19); Track Number
        $aProperty[9] = _Trim($oDir.GetDetailsOf ($oFile, 21));Duration         
    EndIf 

Return $aProperty
EndFunc  ;==>_GetExtProperty
Edited by Achilles

what os are you using?

As my signature shows: OS: Win XP SP2 ;)

Could you tell me if this function works for you files?

Yes, but the error related to Array usage:

Posted Image

This error only popup when i select a song in folder with non latin (english) characters, so i guess that this is not related to this udf...

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

thnx!, mr creator,

and then there is another thing.!

do you have a secret little listviewcolumn with the location of the file? because I cant see it

and how do you make those different listviewcolumns different sizes, because with me the're the same size every time..

and I really want to know how because for my media player I also want the location column so small that you cant see it,

But I cant figure out how to do that!

do you have a secret little listviewcolumn with the location of the file?

I am not sure if i understand, do you mean like how to set width of the column accordingly to the biggest item?

Then just use this:

GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, -1)

Where 0 is the column index (zero-based), -1 is the width of the column.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Here's the source: Media_Player_Source.zip

I release it because I'm sick of all these bugs people are getting when this program works fine for me.

If you could fix that error on your computer and then tell me what you added/changed in the code I would be very happy. You would want to look at the function called _AddSong() and maybe _AddArray (test _AddSong() first, it's shorter and simpler).

@ludocus: MsCreatoR is right, but there's some more to it. Add this in your WN_NOTIFY (if you have one) function:

Case $lstNowPlayingHeader
    Switch $iCode
        Case $HDN_BEGINTRACK, $HDN_BEGINTRACKW; Notifies a header control's parent window that the user has begun dragging a divider in the control
            $tNMHEADER = DllStructCreate($tagNMHEADER, $ilParam)
            $tempArray = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnOrderArray($lstNowPLayingHwnd)
            If DllStructGetData($tNMHEADER, "Item") = 0 then Return True; Stops user from changing column
            Return False; To allow tracking of the divider
Obviously you'll need the function, look at _GUICtrlListView_Create, I think it's in there. Basically I have a hidden column at the very front which has an index to an array where all the info is stored. That is why the line DllStructGetData($tNMHEADER, "Item") = 0 is 0, you can stop the user from changing any columns if you want, that's what I did for the column in the options part for hotkeys.

Here's the source

Well, the problem on my side is in this function:

Func _GetSongLength($s)
    $temp = StringSplit($s, ':') 

Return $temp[1] * 60 + $temp[2]
EndFunc

The error is because $s parameter is empty string, so $temp array have no second element, you should add some more errors checking ;)

Also you better add a unicode support, this error popup only if i select a file with non english letters in his path, i supose the ListView functions does not work properly with unicode, or any other functions that work with file path.

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

Well, the problem on my side is in this function:

Func _GetSongLength($s)
    $temp = StringSplit($s, ':') 

Return $temp[1] * 60 + $temp[2]
EndFunc

The error is because $s parameter is empty string, so $temp array have no second element, you should add some more errors checking ;)

Also you better add a unicode support, this error popup only if i select a file with non english letters in his path, i supose the ListView functions does not work properly with unicode, or any other functions that work with file path.

So wait, this error ultimately just because of language (or unicode not being fully supported), right? I'll look into fixing that.. Could you give me an example file name that I could test with?

Could you give me an example file name that I could test with?

Sure: АТранс (826 Kb) ;)

Spoiler

My Work...

Spoiler

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif