Manual FileInstall() - Adapt()

Wolvereness

Wow, I was working on this without going to do it manually and have it do a floating return-value type. It will do any file in less then a second. There are 2 funcs, the first one will take the given file and copy with a new extension. The second is the Adapt(). Syntax is (Nickname, FilePath). When called when uncompiled it will take given file and write it into the script with new extension .new.au3. After calling it mutliple times in same script it will just add it to the list. When calling it while compiled it will re-install the file.

Advantage of using this function other then FileInstall(), when decompiled it will have the file withen the decompiled script.

Func _FileChangeExt($s_FilePath = '', $s_Extension)
    If StringLeft($s_Extension, 1) = '.' Then Local $s_Extension = StringTrimLeft($s_Extension, 1)
    If Not FileExists($s_FilePath) Or $s_Extension = '' Then Return 0
    StringReplace($s_FilePath, '\', 'nothing')
    Local $i_FolderLevel = @extended
    StringReplace($s_FilePath, '.', 'nothing')
    Local $i_DotLevel = @extended
    If Not $i_DotLevel Or Not $i_FolderLevel Then Return 0
    Local $s_TemporaryPath = @TempDir & '/' & StringRight($s_FilePath, StringLen($s_FilePath) - StringInStr($s_FilePath, '\', 0, $i_FolderLevel))
    FileCopy($s_FilePath,$s_TemporaryPath)
    FileMove($s_TemporaryPath, StringLeft($s_FilePath, StringInStr($s_FilePath, '.', 0, $i_DotLevel)) & $s_Extension)
    Return 1
EndFunc

Func _Adapt($s_NickName, $s_File = '')
    If Not @Compiled Then
        StringReplace($s_File,'.','')
        Local $s_Ext = StringTrimLeft($s_File, StringInStr($s_File, '.', 0, @extended) - 1)
        Local $h_File = FileOpen(StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, 4) & '.' & $s_NickName & '.au3w', 2)
        FileWrite($h_File, '#Include-Once' & @CRLF & 'Func _Adapt' & StringReplace($s_NickName, ' ', '') & '()' & @CRLF & "Return FileWrite(@ScriptDir & '\" & $s_NickName & $s_Ext & "','" & StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace(FileRead($s_File, FileGetSize($s_File)),@CR, @LF),@LF & @LF, @LF), @LF, "' & @CRLF & ' _" & @CRLF), '"', '""'), "')", "''") & "')" & @CRLF & 'EndFunc')
        _FileChangeExt(@ScriptFullPath, 'New.au3')
        FileClose($h_File)
        FileWrite(StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, 4) & '.New.au3', @CRLF & '#include "' & StringTrimRight(@ScriptName, 4) & '.' & $s_NickName & '.au3w"')
    Else
        Return Call('_Adapt' & StringReplace($s_NickName, ' ', ''))
    EndIf
EndFunc
Please post any bugs/suggestions/fixes

/Edit, Inspired by http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7773

Edited by Wolvereness

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

:lmao: nice idea - but can you give an example to understand the function? o:)

this is the error i get ...

C:\test\test.au3 (4) : ==> Badly formatted "Func" statement.: 

thx,

sigi

Edited by Sigi2

:lmao:  nice idea - but can you give an example to understand the function?  o:)

this is the error i get ...

C:\test\test.au3 (4) : ==> Badly formatted "Func" statement.: 

thx,

sigi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All parameters after an optional parameter must also be optional. Either the order of parameters to that function need swapped or $s_Extension needs to be assigned a default value.

Sigi, update your version of this func. I had that debugged.

Also, thanks for the comment.

Edited by Wolvereness

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]