Reading Rich Text

Well, I've recently started to get into AutoIt3 and have been wondering if it's possible to read rich text. I've been thinking of trying to get a way to read rich text off a form such as if you right click in Firefox 3, press "View Page Info" and then you try to read text off the form that's below "Meta". Wondering if this is possible. Thanks.

Well, I've recently started to get into AutoIt3 and have been wondering if it's possible to read rich text. I've been thinking of trying to get a way to read rich text off a form such as if you right click in Firefox 3, press "View Page Info" and then you try to read text off the form that's below "Meta". Wondering if this is possible. Thanks.

From what I can see it's a listview, but it seems that Mozilla renders it in a nonstandard way (I.E It's not a standard listview control). The class is MozillaUIWindowClass, as is the rest of the web browser. I don't see any (built-in) way of reading the text.

RichText is a Microsoft owned product. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that Mozilla uses any RichText in its dialogs, though Open Source word processors like OpenOffice.org can work with .rtf files, so an open specification must be available somewhere.

Mozilla uses its own APIs in Firefox, and does not expose a COM interface to other processes the way IE does. Your main option to read that dialog is with a browser extension .XPI file. If you search the many Open Source extensions that already exist, you'll probably find one that already written.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law