EMP - Evolutionized Media Player v15

AdmiralAlkex

Ladies and gentlemen (and the rest of you autoit'ers), I present to you, Evolutionized Media Player v15!!

Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image

It started when I decided to make a standalone version of my old SimpleMusic4 from Franks Gadget (in my sig) and maybe even improve it some.

In the end the simple 297 lines gadget evolved to over 2600 lines (without includes), complete with a new gui, massively improved playlist, massively decreased cpu-usage and a lot of other things I am not gonna write in this sentence!

Some of the features:

• Repeat
  • Random
  • Visualizer (works by monitoring recording device, read more here)
  • Show song in msn (like WMP does)
  • Change playback-speed
  • Works in Windows Vista (note that I don't have any possibility of testing this myself so I am counting on you reporting any errors)
  • Resizable gui (a bit jerky but serves it purpose fine)
  • Support for music, videos, images, mods
  • Command line parameters (/? or /help to see all parameters)
  • Most stuff can be controlled by tray-menu!
  • Customizable columns (name, order visibility)
  • Downloads album covers from internet (experimental)
  • Automatic updates
  • Keyboard shortcuts
  • Import playlists (only *.m3u with local absolute files)
  • Lots of other cool stuff, try it for yourself!!
Some known issues that may bother you:
  • Video, image and mod playback is a little buggy, stick with mp3s' if you want 100% stability/functionality
  • Flickers when resizing
  • Sometime the elapsed counter and slider doesn't work (mainly videos, mods, images, wavs etc)
  • Some of the options in the settings-screen require a restart before activating
  • Probably a few more, tell me if you find anything
Some things I may add/fix if I feel for it (or get enough requests):
  • More advanced playlist/library
Newest version:

evolutionized_media_player_v15.zip(ca 160+92 previous downloads, not counting beta)

Some of the older versions can be found here (other versions are available at request)

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Image

That happens when trying to start it up.

Wtf?!

I know it's because I don't have a working playlist, but it's just kinda weird ;)

EDIT: And after fixing it I get an "Error: Badly formatted Func statement"

Edited by KentonBomb

Doesn't work on Vista ;)

How about a deal? I'll send you the source code for my program and you can get it working on XP and I'll get yours working for Vista. Let me know what you think...

Let me think about it, mm'kay?

Posted Image

That happens when trying to start it up.

Wtf?!

I know it's because I don't have a working playlist, but it's just kinda weird ;)

EDIT: And after fixing it I get an "Error: Badly formatted Func statement"

This is one of the reasons I call it beta1 :D

It seems that something was messed up when I compiled it because after a new compile it works :lmao: , plz redownload and try again!

Pretty cool! ;)

EDIT:

I've still got to get the whole library thing going on mine... :D Taking ages, and school is so much more work lately...

Edited by BrettF

Pretty cool! :D

EDIT:

I've still got to get the whole library thing going on mine... ;) Taking ages, and school is so much more work lately...

Thankyou Brett! I haven't even started coding the library thing, but it works decent in my head :lmao:

-snipped-

N0w 7h47$ pr377y fr1ck3n l337 y0...c4n'7 8347 7h47 n0w c4n y4? h4h4 4nd y0u c4n'7 r34d 7h1$ $h17 317h3r :cheer:

W0uld 17 4nn0y p30pl3 1f 1 74lk3d l1k3 7h1$ 4ll d4y, f0r l1k3 0n3 wh0l3 d4y? :rambo:

Actually I can read it. Not only do I have a brain, I uses it all the time in comparison to you.

I am actually starting to think you can't read, can you?? That _FatalError() can only happen in two places, when run under Vista and without a proper playlist and I crearly stated in my first post that it shouldn't be used under those conditions. Also the important parts are in English so what is the problem, you can't read English? Then what are you doing on this forum? Go and learn some English and RTFM!!

Um.... It works in Vista. At least it does for me...

Good for you then ;):idea:

I am actually starting to think you can't read, can you?? That _FatalError() can only happen in two places, when run under Vista and without a proper playlist and I crearly stated in my first post that it shouldn't be used under those conditions. Also the important parts are in English so what is the problem, you can't read English? Then what are you doing on this forum? Go and learn some English and RTFM!!

Dude, I was just making that code to possibly use on other scripts for fun/enjoyment...? I know this doesn't work on vista...Whatever...

Dude, I was just making that code to possibly use on other scripts for fun/enjoyment...? I know this doesn't work on vista...Whatever...

If you really enjoyed it you should have asked me and got some real code instead of that badly written code you still write. The truth is that you still have much to learn.

Func _FatalError($Message = "NOT DEFINED", $LineNumber = "NOT DEFINED", $ErrorCode = "NOT DEFINED")

MsgBox(0+16, "3rr0rz", "Zum3thfIng iz n0t w0rking, pl3åz3 sänd möny rokk3tz int0 k0d3rz azz!!" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "1in3 numb3rz= " & $LineNumber & @CRLF & "3rr0rk0d3z= " & $ErrorCode & @CRLF & "Uz3r m3zzag3z= " & $Message)

Exit

EndFunc

If you really enjoyed it you should have asked me and got some real code instead of that badly written code you still write. The truth is that you still have much to learn.

Func _FatalError($Message = "NOT DEFINED", $LineNumber = "NOT DEFINED", $ErrorCode = "NOT DEFINED")

MsgBox(0+16, "3rr0rz", "Zum3thfIng iz n0t w0rking, pl3åz3 sänd möny rokk3tz int0 k0d3rz azz!!" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "1in3 numb3rz= " & $LineNumber & @CRLF & "3rr0rk0d3z= " & $ErrorCode & @CRLF & "Uz3r m3zzag3z= " & $Message)

Exit

EndFunc

How is my code "badly written" it's the same shit you have just better letters and numbers. I can write code fine. I know I have alot to learn but I don't write "bad" code at all.

Welcome to my list.

>SNIPPED<

Edited by SmOke_N
>SNIPPED<

Alienware, I remind you of the conditions you are staying here... Good behaviour and not being a nuisance... You've been good lately, but you are falling back into old habits...

• 2 weeks later...

New version is out!!

BETA2!! See first post for download!!

Some new features:

• More audioformats added.
  • Vista support!!
  • Will now work without a playlist.txt (will still error if it is empty)
  • Lots of small changes here and there.
  • CPU-usage has lowered a lot with some structural changes based on KMP, for example my main-loop now is:
While 1
    Sleep(201)
WEnd
;)

Note: Visualizations is disabled in this beta!!

My thoughts:

• The moving text is rather annoying, slow it down IMO
  • Playlist is too tiny, and it shows a bunch of columns I don't care about
  • If random is on you can't take of repeat
  • If you hold down the seeker and go to the end of the song it will pause for awhile and then jump weird and then go to the next song
  • It doesn't remember my playlist
  • When you start Elapsed time is "nullnullnull" which looks kind of messy
  • Back and next buttons don't have a hover state which makes it look like they don't work even though they do

This has some pretty cool features, I like how the dragging the seekbar will tell you how far it will go. I also like how you can adjust the playing speed. Nice work, what I listed are just some things I would like to see changed.

Edited by Achilles
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

1. The "scrolling text" is created like this

$TimerPlaying2 = _Timer_SetTimer($GUI, 750, "_TimerPlaying2")

but it seems to go faster and faster all the time, I am not sure what to do about it.... Any ideas? ;)

2. A bigger playlist will come in the future, somethings I have thought about is to remove the buttons under it and make the GUI resizable, that should improve it some. Most columns will be removed/removable sometimes in the future when I introduce a complete "library" or a way to choose your own settings.

3. Problem is noted, it requires some structural changes but it is possible.

4. That doesn't happen for me, is it for all songs or only 1?? If only 1 please upload it and I will take a look.

5. It should be saved in @ScriptDir & "\Texts\Playlist.txt", I suppose it's not creating the file if the folder doesn't exist, I will add some extra checks for that.

6. What if I change it to "0"?

7. I suck at Photoshop :D but they will be added soon