EMP - Evolutionized Media Player v15

AdmiralAlkex

Array subscript error fixed, plz redownload from first post OR place the attached file in @scriptdir\Texts\

Edit: This kind of errors could be quickly fixed by an automatic updating system, should I try to build something like that?

The visualization and artwork don't work. Also, for the settings, you could just create a combo list instead of checkboxes and telling the user to only use one.
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The visualization and artwork don't work. Also, for the settings, you could just create a combo list instead of checkboxes and telling the user to only use one.

What do you mean with don't work? Plz give me some details so I can fix it. Did you try to exit and restart the app?

What do you mean with don't work? Plz give me some details so I can fix it. Did you try to exit and restart the app?

Yeah, still doesn't work. I can't click the visualizations, and it doesn't display any album art. Oh!! And, I used some AutoIt code to create a Admin account, set my account as admin, set my dads account as Regular and put Parental controls on his! Haha, so parental controls can't be the downloading issue. :) Edited by Alienware

Even if visualization is the only selected there is never any visualization. I exited and restarted. Remember, Alienware and me both have Vista.
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Yeah, still doesn't work.

Even if visualization is the only selected there is never any visualization. I exited and restarted. Remember, Alienware and me both have Vista.

It works for me (xp) and monoceres (vista), did you select only the visualization in settings? did you restart the player? did you set wave as the recording device? Edited by AdmiralAlkex

It works for me (xp) and monoceres (vista), did you select only the visualization in settings? did you restart the player? did you set wave as the recording device?

Haha, well I didn't see the choose only one, I choose album art, restart, and it works.

EDIT: What does the Visualization do? It just draws a line.

ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨

¨°º¤ø„¸ Atreyu¸„ø¤º°¨

¸„ø¤º°¨ Forever! ``°º¤ø„¸

¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø

Edited by Alienware

Haha, well I didn't see the choose only one, I choose album art, restart, and it works.

EDIT: What does the Visualization do? It just draws a line.

It draws the volume from your recording device, set wave as recording and put it @ max volume and it should be visible (see first post)

Edit: What the hell has Atreyu to do with anything?

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

It draws the volume from your recording device, set wave as recording and put it @ max volume and it should be visible (see first post)

Edit: What the hell has Atreyu to do with anything?

Alright.

I was just listening to Atreyu, that's all >_<.

Cool, went to recording devices, choose my microphone, turned it up, and boom. Thanks :)

Edited by Alienware

Alright.

I was just listening to Atreyu, that's all :P.

Cool, went to recording devices, choose my microphone, turned it up, and boom. Thanks :P

I didn't know Atreyu was a artist, I thought you were talking about "The Neverending Story" haha >_<

Good update Alex, the album art works as expected o:)

You should add rating of songs to the todo list :D

Thankyou! Ratings is a good idea but where would they be stored? Is there a id3-tag for that? And then the problem is that I haven't found any good UDF for id3, can you write one for me? :P

Edit: 1000:th post!! Oh yeah :idiot::)

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

Thankyou! Ratings is a good idea but where would they be stored? Is there a id3-tag for that? And then the problem is that I haven't found any good UDF for id3, can you write one for me? >_<

ID3 doesn't care what you call the tags (at least ID3v2 doesn't) so you can create a new one called like "EMP_RATING".

I will actually look into the MP3 file format + ID3 to see if I can come up with something that can read & write ID3 :)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

ID3 doesn't care what you call the tags (at least ID3v2 doesn't) so you can create a new one called like "EMP_RATING".

I will actually look into the MP3 file format + ID3 to see if I can come up with something that can read & write ID3 :)

Youre the man monoceres!! If you need any help with it shout at me at msn and I will help as good as I can! >_<

• 2 weeks later...

-></( NEW VERSION V10!! )\><-

(the download is as usual @ the first post)

This biggest changes this time is support for flash, animated gif, .lrc files AND....

Automatic updates!! (tested successfully by me and monoceres)

Added:

• Added automatic updater!!
  • Added command line parameter /forceupdate
  • Added playing of karaoke/lyrics .lrc files (experimental)
  • Support for animated gifs (with glass/transparency)
  • Basic support for playing flash (swf, flv) (consider this experimental, flv doesn't want to cooperate sometimes)
  • Added monoceres to the hidden thx message and made it a lot harder to find (tell me if you can't find it :P)
Fixed:
  • Some peculiarities in BASSMOD "ironed out"
  • The "elapsed slider" is now enabled with BASSMOD but still unstable
  • Lots of other fixes just about everywhere

Hey, AdmiralAlex, since you are not releasing the source, what features in this program need #RequireAdmin. I find this very annoying, because I do not have an administrative account, that can just click a button, and I cannot disable it.

Hey, AdmiralAlex, since you are not releasing the source, what features in this program need #RequireAdmin. I find this very annoying, because I do not have an administrative account, that can just click a button, and I cannot disable it.

I don't know, I don't have Vista so I just slapped it on to be on the safe side. If you want you could pm me your email and I will send you a copy without #RequireAdmin, and if that works good I will remove it from the official download.

• 3 weeks later...

Big news people, the first "hotfix" is rolling out "as we speak" so if you don't have enabled automatic updates doing it now would be a good time :P

The updates are mostly general bugfixes, the most noteworthy are

• #RequireAdmin removed by request from Swift (TehWhale or whatever you are calling yourself now)
  • You can now doubleclick the first listviewitem

One of the things you can look forward on in v11 is (partial) usage of BASS for better playback (more codecs, options and performance) and perhaps a few more goodies if i have time :(

Edit: There seems to be something wrong with the zip-file in first post, I will update it in a minute

Edit2: Fixed

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

• 4 months later...

-></( NEW VERSION V15!! )\><-

(the download is as usual @ the first post)

This biggest changes this time is keyboard-shortcuts, BASS and importing *.m3u files, see list below:

Added:

• EMP will now respond to media-keys on modern keyboards (developed on a Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard, those are pure awesomeness!!)
  • Support for .m3u (somewhat basic at the moment, IE only local absolute paths)
  • Added logging to some of the more troublesome functions
  • Added experimental BASS-playback
Internal changes:
  • Upgraded to AutoIt 3.3.0.0
  • Slightly modified handling of the playlist. Faster, looks nicer.

To activate logging create a file called "Log.txt" in the same folder as the .exe file, EMP will now write stuff there.

• 4 months later...

Thankyou Brett! I haven't even started coding the library thing, but it works decent in my head :(

Actually I can read it. Not only do I have a brain, I uses it all the time in comparison to you.

I am actually starting to think you can't read, can you?? That _FatalError() can only happen in two places, when run under Vista and without a proper playlist and I crearly stated in my first post that it shouldn't be used under those conditions. Also the important parts are in English so what is the problem, you can't read English? Then what are you doing on this forum? Go and learn some English and RTFM!!

Good for you then >_< :D

Now thats pretty fricken leet yo...can't beat that now can ya? haha and you can't read this shit either :( would it annoy people if i talked like this all day, for like one whole day?