WinGetState and WinExists seeing ghosts

I've experimented with (If Not) WinExists and WinGetState (5) and both indicate a window exists when it does not which is causing a script to fail.

Anybody have any suggestions? I could use some help please and thanks.

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......

I guess I wasn't clear. A java app for case tracking spawns a window titled "Cross Reference"

I would like to detect if this window exists.

Whether or not it actually exists, the following two statements give a wrong result:

WinGetState("Cross Reference")

returns 5 (1 = exists and 4 = enabled)

If Not WinExists("Cross Reference") Then

blah

EndIf

blah never happens

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......

I've seen this type of behavior before in different apps, it's not that they don't exist, it's just that the forms are hidden.

So while they are not visible on the screen, AutoIT can see see them. I run into this type of behavior with Lotus Notes, and other programs, not Just JAVA applications.

What does WinGetState with a 6 give you?

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.