ConsoleWrite Not Working

I have the newest version of autoit as well and ConsoleWrite() works perfectly for me. Try adding & @crlf to whatever you write to have it on its own line so it's more noticeable.

I've tried adding @CRLF's and @LF's and nothing. I'm not missing it. It is not anywhere in the output window. And its not my script because

I even tried opening the example script for the ConsoleWrite function and the same thing. Very weird. I've never had problems like this with

past SciTe installations. Unless I hear of a fix, I'm going to try re-installing SciTe........

Just ran ConsoleWrite(). Here's my output.

>"C:\Program Files\autoit3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "*User Data*\meh.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams

+>01:47:21 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.8 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_VISTA/Service Pack 1 CPU:X86)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>01:47:21 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.12.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "*User Data*\meh.au3"

This is test data

+>01:47:21 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 1.502

I installed autoit last week so I'm fairly sure you and I are running the same version.

Here is my output to a script with the single line: ConsoleWrite("test")

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTEConfig\test.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams    
>Exit code: 0   Time: 4.228

Could it have anything to do with the User Account Control window that pops up when I run a script from SciTe???? The actual script ends up running

so I didn't think that had anything to do with it but my output is clearly lacking the detail of your output......

Well are you running the scite that comes with the autoit installer or did you download the full version of scite? If you are using the "lite" version of scite that could be part of the reason.

I got that once initially and every time I run a script with #RequireAdmin but other than that no. I'm using ver. 1.76 as well with the cvs wrapper installed. Maybe that's the difference between your setup and mine? Reinstalling scite may be a good idea and if that fixes it then it was simply a bug in the install but if that doesn't fix the issue then we'll keep trying to pinpoint the cause. For now if you need debug information you could store it to a string and write it to a log, use MsgBox, or copy it to the clipboard.

Hi,

Could you please post your operating system, AutoIt version, and SciTE version. A test script the reproduces the problem for you would also be of help.

Thanks,

Brett

I lied. I tried one last thing before going to bed. I disabled the vista user account control and it is now working. I wonder if there is a way to have

the AutoIt3Wrapper.exe be an exception to the user account control so I don't have to leave it off......

For that I will definitely wait until tomorrow to solve....

Thanks for all the help guys

As far as I'm aware no, Vista does not have a UAC exceptions feature. I personally have UAC disabled as well but sadly I don't think M$ will add an exceptions rule to UAC, at least not in the near future.