Need to use a variable inside a RunWait() command

Hi all, I've been using Autoit for a while to help automate software installs.

I regularly use commands like the following:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'msiexec /i "\\servername\installs\msi\2003 Corporate V30\2003 Corporate v30.msi" /qb!',"" ,@SW_HIDE)oÝ÷ Ø­²)ÜxZ½é¨­ëajz'zÈ­xÛhmæëhºÇ½ªâi¹^zeiǨOvÓݬz»Þ®v¦y*&zØb   b殶­se'VåvB6öÕ7V2fײgV÷C²ö2gV÷C²fײb33¶×6WV2öb33c¶ç7FÆÇ6÷W&6RfײgV÷C²b3#¶ç7FÆÇ2b3#¶×6b3#³#26÷'÷&FRc3b3#³#26÷'÷&FRc3æ×6gV÷C²÷"b333²b33²ÂgV÷C²gV÷C²Ä5uôDR

I can't quite work out how to have that variable inside all of the various quotes that are required for this command.

Is this even do-able, or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi all, I've been using Autoit for a while to help automate software installs.

I regularly use commands like the following:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'msiexec /i "\\servername\installs\msi\2003 Corporate V30\2003 Corporate v30.msi" /qb!',"" ,@SW_HIDE)ƒoÝŠ÷ Ø­²)ÜxˆZ½é¨­ëajz'zÈ­xŒžÛhm曕ëhºÇš½ªâi¹^ŠzeiǨOvÓݬz»Þ®v¦y*&zØbž b‘殶ˆ­se'Våv—B„6öÕ7V2fײgV÷C²ö2gV÷C²fײb33“¶×6–W†V2ö’b33c¶–ç7FÆÇ6÷W&6RfײgV÷C²b3“#¶–ç7FÆÇ2b3“#¶×6’b3“#³#26÷'÷&FRc3b3“#³#26÷'÷&FRc3æ×6’gV÷C²÷"b333²b33“²ÂgV÷C²gV÷C²Ä5uô„”DR

I can't quite work out how to have that variable inside all of the various quotes that are required for this command.

Is this even do-able, or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Steve

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c notepad ' & @WindowsDir & '\Security\Logs\scesrv.log', "", @SW_HIDE)
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c secedit /configure /db "' & @WindowsDir & '\security\Database\db.sdb" /cfg "' & @WindowsDir & '\security\templates\setup security.inf" /overwrite /quiet /verbose', "", @SW_HIDE)

I think you are looking for '&' ;) Hope this helps.

Edited by avery
www.abox.orgAvery HowellVisit My AutoIt Websitehttp://www.abox.org