clearing temp files and cache etc

Basically one of the scripts im working on basically screenshotting a site in different resolution and browsers etc to check compatibility.

What i need help with is how would i go about coding a function that will clear all temp files and cache etc basically anything that could influence the browser outputs.

Thank you for your help

Donace

How would i go about coding a function that will clear all temp files and cache etc basically anything that could influence the browser outputs.

I am trying to figure out the same problem. I need to be able to repeatedly load a website with no temporary or cached data in the browser.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

did you see this link http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78893

-

it have a UDF (User Defined Function) for what you need. Try It!

-

That code has what I want, I think. It can clear Internet Cache Files, as well as Temporary Files. This is simply my own lack of knowledge, but I haven't worked with the registry very much.

Is changing these values in the registry the only/best way to clear the cache? If I'm in IE (sadly that's what I have to use for this), and I hit Delete Temporary Files, is IE overwriting values in the registry?

I'm trying to exactly mimic the function that you can do in IE by going Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files > Delete All Offline Content.

Your help is sincerely appreciated.

Edited by namauto

then check for ControlSend, MuseMove, MouseClick and related in help file.

My understanding for using that, is that the window has to be in specific position, and absolutely must be in focus. I'm going to be using this in different computer environments and can't rely on those factors. So I was hoping to find something that wouldn't be reliant on mouse clicks.

ControlSend works in a similar way to Send but it can send key strokes directly to a window/control, rather than just to the active window.

check the helpFile for ControlSend()

[font="Georgia"]GSM Expert[/font] but not AutoIt :DProud to be Admin Of : http://www.gsmhosting.net/visit my Forum... http://www.gsmhosting.net/vbb/index.php
$Life = "Happy"
If @Error Then
$Life = "Risk"

check the helpFile for ControlSend()

After going through the help file, and checking out the Window Info, the App I am trying to do things in doesn't have much information to offer. The only info it offers is the Basic Window Info (so Title and Class of Window), and nothing else. I imagine I would need the control info in order to use ControlSend(). ;)

After going through the help file, and checking out the Window Info, the App I am trying to do things in doesn't have much information to offer. The only info it offers is the Basic Window Info (so Title and Class of Window), and nothing else. I imagine I would need the control info in order to use ControlSend(). ;)

No you don't, where did you get that idea? :D

ControlSend("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]", "", "", "SPAM")

ControlSend("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]", "", "", "SPAM")
So then if the arguments for ControlSend() are "title", "text", controlID, "string", the goal here is to send a string of characters to a control, according to the help file.

I guess I'm struggling with precisely what the control is, and how I can use it in order to get to the export function of a program. In the window, the Export function can be found by clicking File. So File > Export. I know above I said I was trying to clear the cache in IE (which I am also trying to do!). I have two goals here, one is exporting things, and the other is clearing the cache of the aforementioned browser.

So then if the arguments for ControlSend() are "title", "text", controlID, "string", the goal here is to send a string of characters to a control, according to the help file.

I guess I'm struggling with precisely what the control is, and how I can use it in order to get to the export function of a program. In the window, the Export function can be found by clicking File. So File > Export. I know above I said I was trying to clear the cache in IE (which I am also trying to do!). I have two goals here, one is exporting things, and the other is clearing the cache of the aforementioned browser.

Au3Info.exe will show control IDs if you click or hover on controls. However, some types of windows, usually in remote sessions (but not always) you will not be able to get a control ID or maybe even a window name ... Citrix Metaframe is like this.

The only thing (keeping it simple) to do in these situations is to simultate Tabs or other key combinations to get to the specific control you want. There are also 'windows' that don't have object type type controls that would fall under this category too. Novell's Console 1 falls under that category (written in Java). I am not sure that my usage of some of the terms are accurate but I hope you get the idea.

Be open minded but not gullible.A hammer sees everything as a nail ... so don't be A tool ... be many tools.