MTGO v3 Automated Trading Bot Function and commands

Kid

I want to know some useful function and commands and what should i use in making a automated trading bot for mtgo v3, i already know how to use the mouse movements but its just a basic and i have long way to perfect it, i need to know how to use the pixel or how to capture the text from the game interface or the tool tip info to get the info.and how to manipulated the flow of trading, if anyone can help me or provide me a simple working program with a simple source code it will big appreciated and i'm willing to give a gift or reward for helping me in return "the person who will help me all the way to complete the program", ;) thanks and more power to you guys! please send me a message if you are interested to help me thank you.

There are several complications that are not typically taken into consideration when trying to wright a script that is to take the place or a person and their ability to understand, judge, and execute. With that said, I might be able to give you a few tips.

First of all, there are basic things that you have to decide for yourself. Do you want this to be something that runs on it's own without you at the computer, or is this simply a program to help you speed things up by making simple mouse clicks for you? If you want something that can think and run on it's own without your help then I will pray for you, because the task at hand is a bit like climbing a mountain. It likes nice from the bottom, but half way you you'll relies that it's a hell of a climb. Also, things like what will be traded and how, will the other person ask questions that the bot will not know how to answer? How can it even know if someone wants to trade with you? It's easy for a person to know, but our brains operate in a matter that is much more different that a computer and therefore cannot be coded easley.

As far a functions that will help you would, check out:

PixelChecksum, PixelGetColor, PixelSearch, HotKeySet, Send, SendKeyDelay, MouseClick, MouseClickDrag, MouseGetPos, MouseMove, WinWaitActive, Send, Sleep

If you can, open the game in a "Windowed" state. That away you do not have to minimize and maximize the game each time you want to make a change to the script. You might be able to do this by adding "-w" to the target in the properties window for the shortcut to the game. So the target may like something like this:

"C:\Program Files\mtgo\mtgo.exe -w"

It might also be in the game options, or the game my not allow windowed game play at all.

Lastly, if your still kinda new to AutoIt, try building concept scripts first. If you're trying to use different commands that you've never used before, you will probably find yourself wasting a lot of time in the end. Instead, figure out how you want the whole thing to work in the end. The brake in down into pieces. If you know that you will have to search for a pixel, then open up a picture and write a script for searching for the pixel in the opened picture. Use this as a testing ground to learn how the function works. Learn the problems you can encounter. For example, if your using pixel search, do you have to search the whole screen which will cause the game to run very slow? Are you looking for a pixel with an exact color? If so, could a pixel with that some color appear someone else on the screen, giving the script a "false positive"? Does it have to search pixels in one area of the screen or does that area move around of the screen? Learn to conquer the functions that you'll need to use by making concept/test scripts first, that away when you edit the real thing, you'll be able to avoid other errors because you have already learned how to use these functions effectively.

Lastly, just look though the AutoIt Help and see what's available. Search the AutoIt forums for things you're having problems with. If you're new to AutoIt (or programming in general) and you want to be truly effective at writing code, then you should find yourself reading more then writing in the beginning. Read a lot, write a little. Read a lot, wright a little. As your knowledge increases, the reading and writing will start to balance out before going the other way.

Hope this was kinda helpful. Feel free to let me know if you're having any other problems or questions. Since I don't have a copy of this game, my help is limited, but available never-the-less.

~Flint Brenick~

There are several complications that are not typically taken into consideration when trying to wright a script that is to take the place or a person and their ability to understand, judge, and execute. With that said, I might be able to give you a few tips.

First of all, there are basic things that you have to decide for yourself. Do you want this to be something that runs on it's own without you at the computer, or is this simply a program to help you speed things up by making simple mouse clicks for you? If you want something that can think and run on it's own without your help then I will pray for you, because the task at hand is a bit like climbing a mountain. It likes nice from the bottom, but half way you you'll relies that it's a hell of a climb. Also, things like what will be traded and how, will the other person ask questions that the bot will not know how to answer? How can it even know if someone wants to trade with you? It's easy for a person to know, but our brains operate in a matter that is much more different that a computer and therefore cannot be coded easley.

First of all thank you, and second yes i want my automated trading bot run with out my present and third the Magic the gathering Online game v3 (MTGO v3) has a own application game interface, and has trade option , specialy they have adesign that will tell you if you want to trade and or not it has a trade window , i hope you can see the MTGO v3 interface so that you can understand what i mean, and sorry in my english. i know you can do it if you have a very good background in autoit and its very simple they say so i want to learn how to create a script. thank you for your time i hope to hear more about you if you have more idea! thanks.