SFTP...any support for this?

My web host just upgraded servers and informed me that the new server no longer will support FTP but rather SFTP.

Ergo all my scripts that I wrote with FTP no longer are able to log into the new server (they worked great with the old server but oh well).

Anyone have a updated FTP UDF that can access a SFTP server?

TIA

Sean Shrum :: http://www.shrum.net

All my published AU3-based apps and utilities

'Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot'

My web host just upgraded servers and informed me that the new server no longer will support FTP but rather SFTP.

Ergo all my scripts that I wrote with FTP no longer are able to log into the new server (they worked great with the old server but oh well).

Anyone have a updated FTP UDF that can access a SFTP server?

TIA

What client software will you use? For example, WinSCP has built-in command line functionality. But if you are using PKI/CACs to authenticate, it probably won't work for you. How will you authenticate the host? And the client?

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

SFTP = Secure FTP here, right? (not simple FTP...)

In a few weeks I might have to automate some Secure FTP transfers as well. So if you find a solution how to easily automate this with autoit, it would be very kind of you to PM me.

Thanks, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

What client software will you use? For example, WinSCP has built-in command line functionality. But if you are using PKI/CACs to authenticate, it probably won't work for you. How will you authenticate the host? And the client?

Granted for user driven interfaces, WinSCP is my tool of choice. But I need to be able to connect to a secure FTP server thru my script. I've been using the FTP UDF and that worked on my old server running plain-Jane FTP. Times are-a-changin. I was hoping for something a little less reliant on external third-party apps that I could build into the script/utility itself.

Edited by sshrum

Sean Shrum :: http://www.shrum.net

All my published AU3-based apps and utilities

'Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot'

Granted for user driven interfaces, WinSCP is my tool of choice. But I need to be able to connect to a secure FTP server thru my script. I've been using the FTP UDF and that worked on my old server running plain-Jane FTP. Times are-a-changin. I was hoping for something a little less reliant on external third-party apps that I could build into the script/utility itself.

No third-party implies you think Microsoft implemented standards-based SFTP somewhere. They didn't, as far as I can tell. All your options are for adding some kind of third-part software to your Windows environment, or forcing your non-Windows server to provide a more Microsoft-based access like FTPS (FTP over TLS\SSL).

For adding to Windows, you have for example CYGWIN to provide a *nix environment, with ssh and rsync. That might work for you. From a bash shell EVERYTHING is scriptable!

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 2 weeks later...