Working w/o controls?

So I am trying to navigate and do various things through a specific program. However, the issue I'm hitting is that I can't rely on click positioning, and when I check out the app with the Window Info tool, the only information it gives me is the Title of the Window, and the Class. Nothing else in any of the tabs is listed.

Is there still a way that I can navigate through the various buttons and menus I want to access? I really hope there is.

Edited by namauto

So I am trying to navigate and do various things through a specific program. However, the issue I'm hitting is that I can't rely on click positioning, and when I check out the app with the Window Info tool, the only information it gives me is the Title of the Window, and the Class. Nothing else in any of the tabs is listed.

Is there still a way that I can navigate through the various buttons and menus I want to access? I really hope there is.

"is that I can't rely on click positioning"

You're using 'MouseClick()'?

Check out the help file on all the 'control' commands. That enables you to move the window anywhere and always have something to click on.

Each button has a class name/instance/PID. So grab one of those and use them in 'ControlClick' ;)

Each button has a class name/instance/PID. So grab one of those and use them in 'ControlClick' ;)

I would have done that, but the problem is, nothing is labeled or identified in this program. So when I look at each button, it doesn't show a class name/instance/PID.

I would have done that, but the problem is, nothing is labeled or identified in this program. So when I look at each button, it doesn't show a class name/instance/PID.

Interesting. Is this a game? Normally you can't directly access stuff from games like SWG/WoW/BF/CoH.

Edited by Szhlopp

Interesting. Is this game? Normally you can't directly access stuff from games like SWG/WoW/BF/CoH.

Nah, it's a proxy tool. Called Charles Proxy. If you do web stuffs it's pretty neat.

The issue is I'm going to be using this script on multiple computers, and I can't guarantee that the tool will load identically each time when I run it. Page dimensions, spot on page, and then the different frames within the page, etc.

And I'm sure the game developers do that just to make it challenging for you ;)

Edited by namauto

WinMove can handle the screen position and size issue.

I downloaded the app and I see what you mean about the frames. I could not find where the app stores that frame size info - if you find it, maybe you can change it to some fixed/known layout before starting the app.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]