Problem with options

Glyph

will send shift fine, but screws up caps.

I need a way of using both without screwing the other up!

Anybody have any ideas or a workaround, I can't seem to find anything that works! -.-

Edited by Jon

tolle indicium

Why do you need caps lock to work? You can just use Send("{SHIFTDOWN}") to hold down shift, then use Send("{SHIFTUP}") when you're done. Also, see the help file entry for Send():

You can set SendCapslockMode to make CAPS LOCK disabled at the start of a Send operation and restored upon completion.

However, if a user is holding down the Shift key when a Send function begins, text may be sent in uppercase.

One workaround is to Send("{SHIFTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}") before the other Send operations.

Certain keyboard as the Czech one send different characters when using the Shift Key or being in CAPS LOCK enabled and sending a char. Due to the send AutoIt implementation the CAPS LOCKed char will be sent as Shifted one so it will not work.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

Why do you need caps lock to work? You can just use Send("{SHIFTDOWN}") to hold down shift, then use Send("{SHIFTUP}") when you're done. Also, see the help file entry for Send():

Only problem with this is that it will call my hotkey, when I press the number.

If I send "shiftdown", "1", then "shiftup", it will not only do "!", but it will then call the function that I have binded to the number "1", so this is not a solution.

Thank you for the help though, I really appreciate the response.

tolle indicium

Only problem with this is that it will call my hotkey, when I press the number.

If I send "shiftdown", "1", then "shiftup", it will not only do "!", but it will then call the function that I have binded to the number "1", so this is not a solution.

Thank you for the help though, I really appreciate the response.

Why not unset the HotKeySet() before Send() and then "reset" it again? ;)

Fixed it!

What I did was I added "shiftup", before the caps lock hotkey!

Thanks for your help everyone, much appreciated!

also removed the capslockmode option, and only used attach.

Edited by BackStabbed

tolle indicium