How to retrieve GUI control's information automatically?

Hi, I am a new user of autoit.I want to know is it possible to scan a GUI and get the information about the controls in GUI for example the Textbox information, button names etc,Generally these can be found manually running 'AutoIt window info'.But I want to get it automatically using autoit script so that base on that information I can automate some GUI event.Can anybody help me please?

Look at these in the help file:

WinDetectHiddenText (Option)

WinGetClassList

WinGetHandle

WinGetText

WinGetTitle

etc...

ControlGetHandle

ControlGetPos

ControlGetText

StatusbarGetText

etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Look at these in the help file:

WinDetectHiddenText (Option)

WinGetClassList

WinGetHandle

WinGetText

WinGetTitle

etc...

ControlGetHandle

ControlGetPos

ControlGetText

StatusbarGetText

etc...

Hello, thanks for your reply. I went through all these functions.But I could not solve my problem. For example if I use WinGetClasslist it returns the class names but these are not unique information based on which I can perform some events.I want to get unique information of the all the controls for example control IDs through which I can perform event. And another problem related to WinGetText is I got all the text information from the GUI and I put them in array for future use,but I did not find any function which returns the control information based on text returned by WinGetText.For example if I give the parameter text "user1" , it will search the Gui and if it finds then click on the control retrieving its properties.

Please help me .....