Compilation method?

Glyph

Normally, you have to compile an au3 script from a file with a file extension through aut2exe, I was wondering if it was possible to compile a script form a variable?

Im creating a script that will make .exe's of a program you make. Changes the start bar with "x" text that you choose, then having it create an executable of what params. you chose in the gui.

Well, I don't want the source code being copied to thier folder while its compiling. They would simply exit the application while the document is in the folder, before the script deletes the source code file.

This way everyone gets my source, is there a way to compile internally? without the need for my source to be copied to the users folder??

Edited by BackStabbed

tolle indicium

Normally you have to compile an au3 script from a file, with any extension with aut2exe, well i was wondering if it was possible to compile a script form a variable?

Im creating a script that will make .exe's of a program you make, chanegs the start bar to whatever text u choose, then having it create an executable of what params you chose in the gui.

Well, i dont want the source code being copied to thier folder while its compiling, they would simply exit the application while the document is in the folder, before the script deletes the source code file.

This way every gets my source, is there a way to compile internally without the need for my source to be copied to the users folder??

Did you think of compiling AU3 files in DOS mode?

;Aut2exe.exe /in <infile.au3> [/out <outfile.exe>] [/icon <iconfile.ico>] [/nodecompile] [/comp 0-4] [/pass <passphrase>] [/nopack] [/ansi] [/unicode]
$outfile = 'Aut2exe.exe /in "' & $meltz & '" /out "' & $outfile & '" /icon "' & $iconz & '" /comp 4'

Hey, thanks for responding!

But, the above method requires an "infile".

I need to change the infile to a variable, is this possible?

Edited by BackStabbed

tolle indicium

;Aut2exe.exe /in <infile.au3> [/out <outfile.exe>] [/icon <iconfile.ico>] [/nodecompile] [/comp 0-4] [/pass <passphrase>] [/nopack] [/ansi] [/unicode]
$outfile = 'Aut2exe.exe /in "' & $meltz & '" /out "' & $outfile & '" /icon "' & $iconz & '" /comp 4'

Hey, thanks for responding!

But, the above method requires an "infile".

I need to change the infile to a variable, is this possible?

@Bold

The in-file is a variable ($meltz) unless I don't understand what you're saying.

@Bold

The in-file is a variable ($meltz) unless I don't understand what you're saying.

Sorry, I didn't mention what the variable is.

The variable "$meltz" is an external file that contains the source to the script that the script will be using to compile.

I need to remove the need for external documents, just use built-in variables to compile the script, then creating the exeutable, and having upx pack it afterwards.

[seperate]

And, just thought of this!

Using obfuscator to obfuscate the code before hadning it to an external file before compiling?

Would it be possible to obfuscate a variable that contains a full script?

[/seperate]

tolle indicium

• Developers

Looks to me that you are trying to re-write AutoIt3Wrapper as that is exactly what it is doing.

;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I really have no idea what the OP wants to accomplish so haven't commented on his question really....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I really have no idea what the OP wants to accomplish so haven't commented on his question really....

He wants to pass script (to be compiled) to Aut2Exe directly from variable without writing this script to the file on disk.

pseudocode:

$var = "MsgBox(0,'Title','Text')"
RunWait('Auto2Exe /compilestring:'  & $var)
Edited by Zedna

He wants to pass script (to be compiled) to Aut2Exe directly from variable without writing this script to the file on disk.

pseudocode:

$var = "MsgBox(0,'Title','Text')"
RunWait('Auto2Exe /compilestring:'  & $var)

Exactly!

Just need to find a way that works...

I am actually thinking about making my own obfuscator and then exporting the obfuscated variable to the file in the folder where it would then be compiled....

But, this may take a while! So, i'm making sure there are no alternatives before I start this.

Edited by BackStabbed

tolle indicium

• Developers

Exactly!

Just need to find a way that works...

I am actually thinking about making my own obfuscator and then exporting the obfuscated variable to the file in the folder where it would then be compiled....

But, this may take a while! So, i'm making sure there are no alternatives before I start this.

I am still missing the reason why going through all these hoops?

What do you think you will accomplish when you can "compile" a script without writing it to a file first?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

What do you think you will accomplish when you can "compile" a script without writing it to a file first?

I will be releasing this publicly to anyone who needs it, but I don't want the source code leaked out in plain text.

I want them to work for it! ;)

tolle indicium

His goal.

I just had to do that.

Be open minded but not gullible.A hammer sees everything as a nail ... so don't be A tool ... be many tools.

• Developers

I will be releasing this publicly to anyone who needs it, but I don't want the source code leaked out in plain text.

I want them to work for it! ;)

Still do not see what that has to do with NOT writing it to a file first and what is wrong with the available Obfuscator?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Still do not see what that has to do with NOT writing it to a file first and what is wrong with the available Obfuscator?

Once it's obfuscated I can't unobfuscate the parts I need to change, the goal is to keep the source code from the users without hindering the use of variables while compiling the custom executables.

Pseudocode:

$var="msgbox(0,""Title"",""text"")"

filewrite("source.txt",$var)

Notice how that will be written in plain text.

I need this obfuscated into a code that looks like it's unusable to the average user (so they dont go stealing the code and modifying it for thier own)

Now to obfuscate as I understand it, you require the plain text file.

which bring me back in this whole loop of protecting the source.

What's the point of obfuscating the code if they can see it before it's obfuscated?

It needs to be obfuscated while it's in its variable form to avoid plaintext filewriting, i need it to be an obfuscated plaintext instead of plain plaintext.

Thank you for your patience!

Edited by BackStabbed

tolle indicium

• Developers

bump

For what reason?

You seem to be convinced that you have the right approach but as stated, aut2exe will require a file as input.

I already mentioned that I would use the currently available utilities and I wouldn't worry about writing it to a "temp" file first.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

For what reason?

You seem to be convinced that you have the right approach but as stated, aut2exe will require a file as input.

I already mentioned that I would use the currently available utilities and I wouldn't worry about writing it to a "temp" file first.

Jos

There's a utility that compiles variables?

Where is this located? I've never heard of it!

Unless there's a utility in Obfuscator that compiles parameters? (obfuscator.exe -$compilevariable) ?

I'm looking for the documentation for Obfuscator right now, and I don't see anything...

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...uscator_doc.htm

Edited by BackStabbed

tolle indicium