Travian 13x13 map and database

james3mg

Hey all-

Here's one I just did for fun...I think it works pretty well! It allows you some of the features of the Plus! account on the browsergame "Travian", for free! YES, it's legal, because it uses the daily database "dump" rather than logging on as you.

Features:

- Allows you to jump anywhere in the map easier than Travian's in-game map, while viewing a full 13x13 map

- No "submit" button when inputting coordinates (live updating)

- Easily find and jump between all of a player's villages

- Mark villages, players or alliances as "enemy" or "friend" and denote the type of enemy or friend (farm, NAP, etc). (When you mark your village, your the other members of your alliance are automatically marked as allied, unless you're not in an alliance)

- Save views for easy recall later

- Hold the shift key while holding arrow keys (or pressing arrow buttons) to jump faster (same as in the game)

- Click on a village to center the map

- Hover over a village for detailed information

- Prompts you to download the SQL dump if you don't have one already

- Launches the map wherever you specify each time

- Graphically see at a glance the size range all your neighbors are in, as well as their diplomatic state.

- Write your own custom notes and attach them to a village, player, or an entire alliance!

Notes:

- This program won't make any registry entries, but will leave a few files around. If you download the .sql dump (usually to your Documents folder), that will be there, as well as the .db file written and used by this script so that your notes, marks, etc are saved from session to session. Also, the images used are written to your @temp folder as c00.bmp, c01.bmp, etc. (that's what all the binary at the end of the script is)

- To unset a player/village/alliance as an enemy/friend, choose to set them as an enemy/friend again, and click Cancel instead of OK to clear them from that list.

- Right-click the villages to get lots of options!

- I'm still using pre-AutoIt 3.10, as I have one particularly large script I can't seem to get converted to the new commands.

Edit 1: updated on 9-3-08: a few typos were fixed, variables given clearer names (for source code understanding) and now it prompts you to update the sql dump if it sees that you don't have today's dump, and downloads it automatically. If you've been using the old version, click cancel in the "browse for sql dump" dialog and type in the server path again, and it'll store the path for future use. If you try to have it automatically update the dump using your old database, it will throw an error dialog and just use the old data, without updating. Also, the hotkeys are much friendlier now- they don't steal the arrow key presses when the map isn't the active window. That was a major annoyance I found when trying to view the in-game Travian map and this program at the same time. It also warns you if it wasn't able to set the hotkeys, due to another program already using them. In that case, simply click on villages to center the map or use the arrow buttons in the GUI to navigate.

Edit 2: updated on 9-4-08: a few bug fixes; multiple players' villages were listed as belonging to one player if their names matched a certain specific pattern together; for instance clicking on a village belonging to 'steven' would also show you the villages belonging to 'Stevens', but list 'Stevens' as the owner of both. Also, better checks for a condition which caused SQL to throw an error and crash the whole script (attempting to navigate before player list was loaded). I've been unable to crash the script since this update, where before it happened every once in a while when I was in a hurry. Finally, the player list is sorted logically now, instead of players' names with capital letters ALL being listed before players with lowercase letters :D

Enjoy! ;)

TravianSQLReader.au3

(Downloads of Edit 1: 14)

(Downloads of original script: 45)

Edited by james3mg
"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

nice and fast !!

i changed the code to the 3.2.12 version

Thanks for the assist :D

In case you're wondering why I make you load the .sql dump each time instead of storing the resultant database on disk, it's for that fast factor you mentioned ;)...creating and storing the main data table from the dump takes around 10 seconds for most servers' dumps if I keep it in memory, but over 2 hours if I actually save it to disk! I cannot for the life of me figure out why

By the way, I realized over the weekend something I'd forgotten to add as functionality into this script: a timestamp check of the .sql file you chose to load, so it could prompt you to re-download it if you didn't have the dump from that current day. I'd have to add the actual fully-qualified address to the map.sql file as an entry in the persistent `info`table so it would know where to reload from...I might do that sometime early this week.

By the way, you don't have any "convert script from pre-3.2.10 syntax to current syntax" scripts, do you? I've never been able to figure out why I can't get a really big script I've got transferred over to the new syntax and have it work, and maybe an automated converting script would pick up something I missed in the list of syntax changes...

"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

I've made a few bug fixes as noted and updated the attachment in the OP again. No special user action is required if "upgrading" from the previous version. It's much more stable (and accurate) now ;) Not that it was bad before, of course, but there were special circumstances that could cause it to be inaccurate or unstable, and everything I know of has been fixed now.