Open Include, not opening from user include Dir

hi ,

not sure if its a bug or just me, prob just me but when i put a UDF(xxx.au3) into my user include folder it works fine when i call a _func from within it in my code but if i try to display the code of the UDF file with "Tools/Open Include" it just says it cant find the file , and yes i have set up my user include folder in the settings.

Thx

Jack.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

• Developers

hi ,

not sure if its a bug or just me, prob just me but when i put a UDF(xxx.au3) into my user include folder it works fine when i call a _func from within it in my code but if i try to display the code of the UDF file with "Tools/Open Include" it just says it cant find the file , and yes i have set up my user include folder in the settings.

Thx

Jack.

Just noticed that the OpenInclude file doesn't use the settings from au3.properties but the "Jump To Func Prod" does.

This line is used by the function:

openpath.$(au3)=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\PriveIncludes;$(autoit3dir)\include

Will add it to the ToDO list to implement the same logic for the Open Include logic.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Just noticed that the OpenInclude file doesn't use the settings from au3.properties but the "Jump To Func Prod" does.

I'm not sure if this will be addressed by the same section of code, but UNC paths are also affected.

Trying to use OpenInclude with this code: (replace with valid paths, of course)

#include "\\server\share\include.au3"
returns this error:
File not found at :\server\share\include.au3 or C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\include\\server\share\include.au3

Jump to Func Prod works fine, as does running/compiling.

Keep up the excellent work! Thanks! ;)

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

I'm not sure if this will be addressed by the same section of code, but UNC paths are also affected.

Trying to use OpenInclude with this code: (replace with valid paths, of course)

#include "\\server\share\include.au3"
returns this error:
File not found at :\server\share\include.au3 or C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\include\\server\share\include.au3

Jump to Func Prod works fine, as does running/compiling.

Keep up the excellent work! Thanks! :D

Np just learning AI but im getting there , glad i found something of interest cos in my last post i was told was a little stupid for asking, yes i did find the answer just after posting it but we all start somewhere ;)

O ill just put a copy of the XX.au3 file into the AI3 include folder for now.

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

• 10 years later...

Yes I umed and ahhed before  resurrecting a 10 year old post...

This stuff still works.
If you have your own UDF folder and you want to use the jump to function or open include tools then you need to modify the file:

SciTEUser.properties in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE

add the line:

openpath.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\include;c:\path\to\your\custom\include\folder

You can separate multiple folders with ;  I have 3 include paths

You should really update the registry here too, with a string (REG_SZ) of the same format (but without the "openpath.$(au3)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\include;" on the front)

HKCU\Software\AutoIt v3\AutoIt\Include

(see picture for an example)

while I am in the SciTEUser.properties file, I like to give my UDF a custom color too (see picture below for what I mean by this)

style.au3.16=fore:#0080B0

Now that you are on a roll, why not modify the Scite 4 AutoIt Right click menu to include useful tools (such as run tidy, block comment, jump to function, open include...) - see picture below.

add this line to : @ProgramFilesDir & "\autoit3\Scite\Properties\au3.properties"

user.context.menu=||Run Tidy|1109|Block Comment or Uncomment|243|Jump to function|1118|Jump Back|1120|List Functions|1121|Open Include|1132|

2018-11-15_20-30-04.png

2018-11-15_20-42-04.png

2018-11-15_20-36-29.png

Edited by boomingranny

• Moderators

boomiggranny,

Yes I umed and ahhed before  resurrecting a 10 year old post...

Next time - um and ah some more and then sit on your hands. This is all covered in this tutorial in the Wiki.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area